Yesterday, Uzhgorod rescuers were reported about a fire on Velykokamyanska street. A private two-storey residential building was burning.
At the time of the fire, the daughter of the owner born in 1954 year was in the building. The woman smelled smoke coming from one of the rooms and decided to check if everything was fine. However, after opening the door, she was burnt by the flames. The victim ran out to the yard and phoned the rescuers.
The firefighters of the 14th and 15th state fire and rescue units, that arrived at the scene, immediately proceeded to extinguish the fire, as the flame had already engulfed the roof of the building on the area of 30 square meters. Also, the combustible materials, which the roof of the building was insulated with, contributed to the spread of fire. Due to thick smoke, the rescuers were wearing respiratory and eye protection devices. At 11:53, the fire was contained, and at 16:28 completely eliminated. In total, four units of equipment and 14 rescuers were working on the elimination of the fire.
The material damage caused is being established, because the fire destroyed the roof on the area of about 30 square meters and partly damaged household items.
The cause of the fire is to be established by law enforcement agencies.
Office of the State Emergencies Service of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region