On August 2, "Uzhgorod Development Agency", in partnership with the Lviv City Council, will organize an event called "UrbanTalks Lviv & Uzhgorod", which will begin at 17:00 in the historical and cultural complex "Owl’s Nest".
"UrbanTalks Lviv & Uzhgorod" is a friendly dialogue and a search for partnership between cities. During the event, the reformers from the city of Lviv will share experience and tell about local successful cases of spatial planning and integrated development, involvement of residents in decision-making, participatory practices of city management, development of science, IT and more.
The program includes meetings and lectures on the following topics:
● Modern city: identity strategy – Andriy Sadovyi, the mayor of Lviv;
● Successful city strategies. Example of Lviv – Oleksandr Kobzarev, the director of the municipal institution "Institute of the City";
● Integrated city development. Architectural principles and architectural contests – Yulian Chaplinsky, the head of architecture department, chief architect of Lviv;
● How to encourage residents to take care of architectural monuments – Liliya Onyshchenko-Shvets, the head of the Department for the Protection of the Historical Environment
● How to train residents to ride bicycles – Orest Oleskiv, the head of the Lviv Association of Cyclists;
● Ecosystem of the city – from the reform of cultural institutions to scientific inventions. How world masterpieces are born at the industry intersection – Andriy Moskalenko, the Deputy Mayor for Development;
● Recreation Tourism & Conference Industry: what brings added value – Lina Ostapchuk, the Director of the MU "Lviv Conference Bureau".