According to the Tourinform Transcarpathia, on August 26, 2017, the VIII Festival "Jam Holiday" will be held in Beregovo district.
The program of the festival:
- 7.00 preparation, installation of pots, washing of plums
- 9.00 preparation for the jam making process
- 9.00 – 19.00 – tasting and trade of dishes with jam
- 13.00 Competition for the most delicious Hungarian dish. Nominations of the competition:
– Hungarian fish soup
– stuffed cabbage
- 14.00 Official opening of the festival
- 17:00 Announcement of the cooking competition winners
- 18:00 Announcement of jam competition winners
- 20.00 Dances until dawn
Location: the village of Hecha, Beregovo district
According to experts of the Tourinform Transcarpathia and compilers of the annual ranking of the best travel companies in Transcarpathia, this festival is unique because it gives the opportunity to see ancient national traditions associated with plum jam making and cooking of dishes with it.