The unique gourmet holubtsi festival brings together its fans.
Velyky Bychkiv Village Council invites you to celebrate the 645th anniversary of Velyky Bychkiv and the IV Festival "Bychkiv Holubtsi" on August 4-5, 2018.
The program of the Holubtsi Festival
August 4, 2018 – Sports Events:
- Solemn opening of the 7th International Children’s Football Tournament for the Cup of Honored Master of Sports Ivan Yaremchuk (village stadium, at 10:00).
- Football matches between the teams participating in the tournament (village stadium, stadium of Velyky Bychkiv Lyceum, at 11:00).
August 5, 2018:
- Gathering of the participants of the festive procession near Franko street – (at 13:45);
- Festive march to the Franko park (at 14:00);
- Solemn opening of the events on the occasion of the 645th anniversary of the Velyky Bychkiv and the IV festival "Bychkiv Holubets" (at 14:30);
- Exhibition of the compositions presented by neighbourhoods "Velyky Bychkiv", "Maly Bychkiv", "Factory – Repehiv" (at 15:30);
Concert program of the festival with the participation of:
- Folk amateur song and dance ensemble "Lisorub";
- Velyky Bychkiv Music School Exemplary Orchestra of Folk Instruments;
- Performances of music bands and amateur soloists of the village of Velyky Bychkiv;
- The performances of the guests of the holiday, one of them is the Honored Artist of Ukraine Pavlo Doskoch.
Last year, 35 kinds of holubtsi were presented in eight 40 liter pots. 75 kilograms of rice and 40 kilograms of meat were used to cook the holubtsi.
The novelty of the last Holubtsi Festival was holubtsi with ostrich meat, however, as noted by local cooks, traditional wedding holubtsi are the most respected in Transcarpathia. They have very small size – of a little finger.
During the holiday, there will be the tasting of Bykhiv holubtsi, the presentation of works by folk craftsmen at the exhibition and fair, the master class on playing the trembita, the master class on cooking of Bychkiv holubtsi, competitions in making of holubtsi and a lot of other interesting things.
So if you want to know how to cook holubtsi, come to the village of Velyky Bychkiv, Rakhiv district, where the holubtsi festival will be held on August 5.
Information from the Tourinform Transcarpathia: the holubtsi festival in the village of V. Bychkiv was founded in 2010.