Fire in a hotel in Transcarpathia (PHOTOS)

24 February 2020 11:59  41209438 0211642
Fire in a hotel in Transcarpathia (PHOTOS)

In the morning on February 24, there was a fire in a hotel located in the village of Suskovo in Svalyava district. The rescue service received the report at 06:44. The fire occurred in a utility room on the second floor. The hotel staff noticed the smoke and immediately woke up the guests. 
Two crews of the 9th State Fire and Rescue Unit from Svalyava were sent at the scene. First of all, they continued to evacuate the hotel staff and guests.
In total, 37 people were taken outside. One woman remained locked in a room close to the fire. So the rescuers had to break the door to the room and take the unconscious guest outside. It turned out that she was poisoned by carbon monoxide. Paramedics revived her and transported her to the intensive care unit of Svalyava central district hospital.
Meanwhile, firefighters at 07:25 contained the fire, preventing its spread through the wooden structures in the attic. The complete elimination of the fire lasted until 07:35. The fire destroyed a boiler, a fireplace, the front door and the property stored in the utility room. The cause of the fire and the amount of damage inflicted are being determined by law enforcement agencies.
SES of Ukraine Office in Transcarpathian region

Fire in a hotel in Transcarpathia (PHOTOS) (wmz (1))
Fire in a hotel in Transcarpathia (PHOTOS) (wmz)

Read also

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments