What, where, when in Transcarpathia on weekend (23 - 24 of March)
March 23 - 2nd day of the festival "History:UA" organized by the Ukrainian Institute of National Remembrance (Uzhgorod)
March 23 - "Guest in an Abandoned House" - solo concert of bass guitarist Rodion Sun Lion. The program includes compositions from three solo albums, as well as new ones (entrance fee - 150 UAH, for the "Circle of Friends" - 120 UAH) (Ilko Gallery, Koshitska street, Uzhgorod)
March 23 - Presentation of the first culinary book "Bograch and other dishes from Betyar" organized by Betyár Grill (Edgar Peti's project).He will cook fish soup. The beginning is at 18.00 (pub "Korzo 10", Korzo sq., Uzhgorod)
March 23 - On Saturday of the second week of the Great Lent, the head of the Mukachevo diocese, His Eminence Theodore, Metropolitan of Mukachevo and Uzhgorod will conduct the bishop liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. The beginning is at 8.00 (Holy Assumption monastery, the village of Domboky, Mukachevo district).
March 23 - The European consulting group "Business Partner" invites small and medium business representatives, owners and directors of enterprises, managers and heads of marketing departments to a large-scale conference "Business Breakthrough: Marketing and Sales". 8 experts from all over Ukraine will share successful cases and practical tips in this area. The beginning is at 10.00 ("Camelot" Hotel, the village of Kamyanytsia, Uzhgorod district).
March 23 - performance of the Academic chamber choir "Cantus" (conductor - Emil Sokach) with the participation of the "Bach festival orchestra" with the program "Bach for All". Soloists: Oksana Shcherbata - soprano, Trompak Anna - mezzo soprano, Slavets Lyudmila - mezzo soprano, Istvan Khalus - baritone, Viktor Fedyshyn - tenor. Organ - Katerina Hazho-Isak, continuo - Petro Sokach, oboe - Denys Grinyov, violin - Adrian Bodnar. The beginning is at 18.00 (Transcarpathian Regional Philharmonic, Uzhgorod)
March 23 - open combat sambo championship of Uzhgorod (organizer - Sport Club "Sport - Leader"). Program: 8.00- weighing of participants, 10.00 - the beginning of the competition, 12.00 - solemn opening (PADIYUN, Studentska embankment, 8, Uzhgorod)
March 23 - Lecture "Ayurveda and Fast" by the master of oriental martial arts, vice president of the Ukrainian federation of wushu and aikido, healer Petro Hanchak. The beginning is at 18.30 (registration required) ("Indigo Shanti-Cafe", Petofi Sq., 34, Uzhgorod)
March 23 - Open Door Day. 11.00 - 14.00 (Uzhgorod College of Culture and Arts, Uzhgorod)
March 23-24 - The first metal sculpture exhibition in Transcarpathia organized by the "Kublo art center", the "Three Ivans" smithy and the educational center "LIK". Works by 12 artists from different cities of Ukraine (Transcarpathian Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, Kapitulna st., 33 "a", Uzhgorod)
March 23-24 - "School of Volunteering" in Uzhgorod organized by the "Ukrainian Volunteer Service". It is a national educational program for those who seek to find their way into volunteering (registration required, participation is free. 10.00 - 17.00 ("Smart Point Hub", Shvabska st., 25a, Uzhgorod)
March 23-24 - Stepan Tomich open competition of wind, brass and percussion performers. The competition is held in the following nominations: "Wind instruments (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone)"; "Brass instruments (trumpet, French horn, trombone / baritone, tuba)"; "Percussion (xylophone, marimba)" (Musical College, Uzhgorod)
March 23-24 - the traditional sixth international festival of children and youth creativity "Spring Ball in Uzhgorod" organized by the TM "Planet of Art", National All-Ukrainian Music Union, Dnipropetrovsk Regional Composers' Organization, All-Ukrainian NGO "Association of Dance Art and Sports", Promotional Fest Group "Black Panther". More than 900 talented children and young people from Odessa, Dnipro, Mariupol, Kyiv, Lviv, Poltava, Ivano-Frankivsk, Novomoskovsk, Mykolayiv, Brovary, Uzhgorod, Mukachevo, Svalyava, Irshava and other cities will come to the regional center of Transcarpathia. The festival will be solemnly opened on March 23, at 10.00, then the competition program will take place. In the end, the jury members will determine the results of the competition and announce the participants of the gala concert. March 24 at 10:00 - gala concert of the festival (PADIYUN). After that, on the initiative of the Children's Academy of Dance "Dzhereltsya Karpat" (headed by Eric Sachko), all participating teams will conduct a large-scale dance flash mob on Shandor Petofi Square (the city of Uzhgorod)
March 23-24 - third Open Cycling Championship of Ukraine (men, women, juniors). 120 athletes from all over Ukraine will compete. Start is at 10.00 (village council, the village of Baranyntsi, Uzhgorod district).
March 23-24 - "Spring Debate School". Experienced debaters will conduct interesting trainings and share useful tips that you can apply not only during the training game, but also in real life (registration required, entrance fee is 50 UAH) (Faculty of international economic relations of UzhNU) (Uzhgorod)
On March 24 - on the second Sunday of the Great Lent, the head of the Mukachevo diocese, His Eminence Theodore, Metropolitan of Mukachevo and Uzhgorod will conduct the bishop liturgy of St. Basil the Great. The beginning is at 9.00 (temple in honor of the holy apostle and evangelist John the Theologian, Kooperatyvna st., Mukachevo).
March 24 - On the occasion of the International Day of the Puppeteer and the International Day of the Theater, Heorhiy Usach "Cossack Mamaryha" (directed by the Honored Artist of Ukraine Oleksandr Kutsyk). The beginning is at 11.00 and 13.00 (Transcarpathian academic puppet theater "Bavka", Uzhgorod)
March 24 - Sacred procession in Uzhgorod with the relics of the Holy Life-Giving Cross. Start at 15.25 from the Kalvaria, finish at 18.55 at the temple of the Holy Trinity on Bogomolets street (Uzhgorod)
March 24 - children's play "Little Goat". The beginning is at 12.00, performance "Kaidash's family". The beginning is at 17.00 (drama theater, Mukachevo).
March 24 - 100 dancers and the "Sukhishvili" orchestra. The beginning is at 19.00 (Transcarpathian Academic Regional Ukrainian Music and Drama Theater, Uzhgorod)
March 24 - Open tour of "All our life is theater" from the Tourist Information Center of Mukachevo. The beginning is at 14.00. (gathering in front of the old "front door" entrance, from Hrushevsky street, Mukachevo).
March 24 - final of the winter football championship of the district. Beginning at 12.00 (the village of Dubrivka, Irshava district).
March 24-30 - Copy of Tomos (Holy Trinity Temple, Timiryazev st., 8 (to the right of the regional cardiocentre), Uzhgorod)
- "Rooms" - personal exhibition of ceramicist, teacher of Uzhgorod College of Arts Nata Popova. Every day (except Monday) 11.00-18.00, Saturday - 11.00-15.00, Sunday - 11.00-13.00 ("Uzhgorod" gallery, Uzhgorod)
- illustrations by the young artist Kateryna Shelevitska ("One Space" coffee shop, Ilona Zrinyi st., 39/2, Mukachevo).
- works of the creative association of the art club "Palitra-spectrum" (Palanok castle, Mukachevo).
- paintings of the People's Artist of Ukraine Ivan Brovdi (premises of the Consulate of Hungary, Bogdan Khmelnitsky st., 53, Beregovo).
- on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the Carpathian Ukraine, exhibition of documentary photographs of Vasyl Deyak and works on the gallery funds (city gallery, Pirogov st., 1, the city of Khust).
- anniversary exhibition of works by the director of Transcarpathian art museum, grandson of Y. Bokshay, Francisk Erfan. Every day, except Monday, 9.30 - 17.00 (Transcarpathian Regional Art Museum, the city of Uzhgorod)
- "Crocus-2019" - annual exhibition of works by members of the Mukachevo city creative association "Raiduha" (children's art school, the city of Mukachevo).
- "Spring vernissage 2019" - an exhibition of works by the association of painters and craftsmen "Borzhava Colors" (exhibition hall, District House of Culture, Irshava).
- "Spring expression" - painting of Kharkiv couple Olena Markovich and Dmytro Makovetsky. Every day 10.00 - 18.00 (art salon "Diptych", Pidhirna st., 31 a, Uzhgorod)
- "Spring 2019" (painting, graphics). Every day, except Monday-Tuesday, 11.00 - 17.00, Sunday - 11.00 -15.00 (exhibition hall "Impasto", Shevchenko st., 8, Vynogradiv).
- permanent exhibition (Memorial House and Museum of People's Artist of Ukraine Andriy Kotska, Vinnychna st., 20, Uzhgorod);
- permanent exhibition. Everyday, except Sunday-Monday, 9.00-17.00 (Memorial House and Museum of the People's Artist of Ukraine Fedir Manaylo, Drugety st., 74, Uzhgorod)
- 77 works of the People's Artist of Ukraine Volodymyr Mykyta (visit by arrangement with the author) (museum of V.Mykyta, Sobranetska st., Uzhgorod)
Photo by O. Chuzha