What, where, when on weekend in Transcarpathia (18-19 of May)
May 18 - commemoration of the victims of political repressions, which is celebrated on May 19. There will be a memorial rally. Laying flowers to the monument to the victims of communist totalitarianism with the participation of the regional and city officials, members of the Transcarpathian regional organization "All-Ukrainian Society of Political Prisoners and Repressed". Come and participate. The beginning is at 11.00 (Heroes of the Heaven's Hundred park, Uzhgorod)
May 18 - Transcarpathian Regional Administration, the Regional Council, Presov and Kosice Self-Governing Territories of the Slovak Republic invite to the Neighborliness Day. Friendly meeting between the Ukrainian and Slovak delegations will take place in the municipal office of the village of Ubl'a (Slovakia). After the solemn opening of the forum at 11.00, the partners from the two countries will sign the Protocols on cooperation, there will be a cultural program and communication in an informal setting (checkpoint Maly Berezny-Ubl'a).
May 18 - International Museums Day! Events in the museums of Uzhgorod and Mukachevo (free of charge).
May 18 - Pilgrimage of mothers of Transcarpathia. Program: 8.00 - the beginning of registration, 9.00 - Prayer to Our Lady, 10.00 - Prayer of mothers, 11.00 - Divine Liturgy (St. Nicholas Monastery of the Basilian Fathers, Monastyrska st., 15, Mukachevo).
May 18 - Campaign "Uzhgorod asks: Who killed Katya Handzyuk?" organized by the FRI, "Sokil Zakarpattya", NGO "United Students". The beginning is at 12.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod)
May 18 - Art-picnic "ALIVE: Start" - new life of the amphitheater. You will hear interesting musical experiments from Augustina, Mpm, Vicodin, Kaiwhakatangitangi and Maryan Stegura. At 17.00 - master class from the musician, founder of the project "Light Dreams" Oleksandr Skay about making of modern music. At 21.00 - concert of the band "LIGHT DREAMS". After the concert, there will be a crazy party and jam session with all the participants of the festival (the cost of the entrance ticket is 100 UAH) (amphitheater, Orlyna street, Uzhgorod)
May 18 - 1st Transcarpathian Al-Idrisi backgammon tournament organized by the Transcarpathian Backgammon Federation together with the All-Ukrainian Backgammon Federation. The tournament is held with the support of the Association of Armenian Culture of Transcarpathia "Ararat" and the restaurant "Kilikia". Registration fee is 250 UAH (includes lunch). The beginning is at 10.00 (restaurant "Kilikia", Dytyacha st., 1 G, Uzhgorod)
May 18-19 - events to celebrate the Day of Mukachevo. 10.00-22.00 - art festival "Art-Weekend" (Peremoha Park), 12.00 - classical powerlifting championship. May 19 - 17.00 - "Choirs in the castle" festival (Mukachevo History Museum).
May 18-19 - literary festival "CHENDEY-FEST 2019" organized by I. Chendey International Charitable Fund which started on May 16th (the village of Dubove, Tyachiv district).
May 18-26 - within the framework of the All-Ukrainian Patriotic Art Project "Army with the People", the performances of the Military Music Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will take place in Transcarpathian region. The purpose of the project is to demonstrate through musical culture and art the unity of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the civilian population, to strengthen the authority and image of the Ukrainian Army, to promote military service. Schedule of performances: May 18 - Uzhgorod (Teatralna sq.) at 12.00, May 20 - Tyachiv (square in front of the House of Culture) at 14.00, May 21 - Svalyava (House of Culture) at 14.00, May 22 - Mukachevo (Cyril and Methodius sq.) at 17.00, May 23 - Vynogradiv (Myr sq.) at 14.00, May 25 - Chop (Yevropeyska sq.) at 12.30, May 26 - Perechyn Narodna sq.) at 11.00.
May 19 - "Silva" (operetta in 2 acts) from the Odessa Musical Comedy Theater. Music by I. Kalman, libretto by Yu. Dimitrin, poems by V. Mikhailov and D. Tolmachov. The beginning is at 19.00 (Transcarpathian Reginal Music and Drama Theater, Uzhgorod)
May 19 - Charity party and art sale "Let's Save Yulia's Life Together!" organized by her friends. Yulia has undergone two surgeries and needs expensive treatment. The program features DJs: Max Rudskoi, Kool Dee and Bandy Sholtes. Charity sale of designer items and art works by Olena Bugrenkova, Beata Korn, Ksenia Rybalko, Natalia Tarnai, Victor Melnychuk, Katya Morgenthal, Andriana Kuruc. 16.00 - 22.00 (bar "Hotsho & Duffort - espresso bar", Sandor Petofi sq., 8a, Uzhgorod)
May 19 - Uzhgorod Lumberjacks - Lviv Lions, organized by ULAF - Ukrainian League of American Football and Uzhgorod Lumberjacks. The beginning is at 14.00 (Stadium "Avangard", I. Franko st., Uzhgorod)
May 19 - Premiere of the performance "Mouse and a Pink Ribbon" based on the play by Kyiv author, Honored Artist of Ukraine Ruslan Neupokoyen. Director - Honored Artist of Ukraine Natalia Oreshnikova, art director - Olena Bugrenkova, composer - Yevhen Stolyar. Actors: Olena Pyshka, Larysa Kryvchyk, Mykola Karpenko. The beginning is at 11.00 and 13.00 (Transcarpathian academic puppet theater "Bavka", Uzhgorod)
- works by Uzhgorod artist Victoria Manaylo-Prykhodko (atrium of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Narodna Square, 4, Uzhgorod)
- as part of the celebration of the Day of the City - exhibition of works that were created during international plein airs "KHUST-ART" (city gallery, Pirogov st., 1, the city of Khust).
- on the occasion of the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation "Triumph of a human. Residents of Ukraine who survived Nazi concentration camps" - the exhibition of the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory tells about stories of 30 persons in 11 death camps of the Third Reich: prisoners of war, Jews, priests, Ostarbeiters, Ukrainian nationalists, women and children (atrium of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Narodna Sq., Uzhgorod)
- command of the 128th separate mountain assault brigade, Uzhgorod city council, CF Art Society "Today", the Serednye Deanery of the Mukacheve diocese of the UGCC invite to the exhibition of paintings by Ukrainian artists "Axios of peaceful sky" (club of the 2nd separate battalion of the brigade, Drugety st., Uzhgorod)
- transformers and metal robots. 10.00-20.00 (2nd floor, hotel "Zakarpattya", Uzhgorod)
- personal exhibition of paintings by Tetyana Rybar "Dzygar. By paints and by words" (exhibition hall "Impasto", Shevchenko st., 8, Vynogradiv).
- "INTRO" - 6 curator projects featuring more than 30 Ukrainian authors ("Ilko Gallery", Koshitska street, Uzhgorod)
- works of the famous Transcarpathian artist Vasyl Vovchok. 80 canvases made in different years, countries, genres are exhibited. Every day, except Monday, 10.00-18.00 (Transcarpathian Art Museum, the city of Uzhgorod)
- works of Transcarpathian artists dedicated to Easter. Every day (except Monday) 11.00-18.00, Saturday - 11.00-15.00, Sunday - 11.00-13.00 ("Uzhgorod" gallery, Uzhgorod)
- Children's Railway (near the Philharmonic, Uzhgorod)