Serhiy Hrabar: I don't know how to be a "celebrity", I don't know where to order security and armored cars
The first meeting of candidates for people's deputies in the single-seat constituencies of Transcarpathia from the party "Servant of the People" took place yesterday. We talked with the candidate from the 71st constituency Hrabar Serhiy about the main current problems and approaches to their solution.
- Serhiy, why did you decide to run for the Verkhovna Rada?
- I am running because I see how the system resists and understand that the president needs a reliable team of decent people in order to put into action all that he declared during the election. I know the main problems of Khust district firsthand, since I live and work here, and I want to help.
- How did you join the party "Servant of the People"?
- I offered my help on the Internet. It turned out to be very simple, no agreements or questionable monetary contributions. I wrote to the representative of the party in social network. And at the presidential election, I was a volunteer. In addition, I have a good business experience.
- Is that where the money for the deposit is from?
- No, I did not pay anything. The party "Servant of the People" makes deposit for every candidate from its own fund. And I will be conducting the campaign with the help of a numerous volunteers in the district.
- What problems in your constituency need to be solved first?
- There are a lot of problems and they affect the entire Transcarpathia. I see roads being repaired, but I am pretty sure that it is not for the benefit of the region, but for the promotion of certain people, who make good money on that.
- How, in your opinion, can these problems be solved?
First of all, fair competition, and not rigged tenders. It's no secret that the money for the repairs is taken ftom the budget, and the contracts are awarded to the companies that they have interest in. My task is to create conditions for the fair competition, then the quality of work will be different
- What do you plan to start with if you are elected?
- In addition to the global problems that have already been mentioned, we must not forget about the local ones. So, for example, in Khust, for decades, water has been supplied with scheduled interruptions, and drainage in some apartment buildings ends in the basements of the same buildings. Now people have to solve these problems at their own expense, while officials are asphalting sidewalks for self-promotion and forget to replace underground engineering systems. I'll start with such local problems.
- How do you see your further work?
- I will not change. I don't know how to be a "celebrity", I don't know where to order security and armored cars. I am an ordinary man. And I will remain that way. But I want to work for the benefit of my region, to make sure our problems are heard and resolved. I will follow the presidential course, like our party.
9 November 2012 00:02