In Uzhgorod, there was a fire in a cafe on Nezalezhnist embankment
On June 16, at 2:38, the rescuers received a report about a fire in one of the cafes on Nezalezhnist embankment in Uzhgorod. This was reported by the State Emergencies Service Office in Transcarpathian region.
Fire-fighters of the 14th and 15th state fire and rescue units of the city of Uzhgorod were sent at the scene. In total, three units of main and auxiliary equipment and 9 fire-fighters were employed.
Due to strong smoke, the rescuers had to work in breathing devices.
As it turned out, the fire started in the kitchen. The fire was detected by one of the employees of the cafe, who was staying there overnight.The man called rescuers and began to look for two women who were also in the building. In one of the rooms, he found a 45-year-old Olena, who had already inhaled a lot of smoke. She was immediately taken outside and handed over to paramedics who had also arrived at the scene of the fire. The doctors diagnosed the woman with smoke poisoning and took her to hospital.
Upon the arrival of the rescuers, they found out that another employee born in 1993 was inside the cafe. The woman was in a back room. Fire and thick smoke was blocking the way out.
She was found by one of the rescuers Yevhen Korknay. He immediately took her outside. Fortunately, the woman did not need medical help.
At 03:00, the fire was contained, and at 03:40 - completely eliminated.
The material damage and the cause of the fire are being established. The fire destroyed part of the equipment and blackened the walls.
19 June 2019 16:21
7 August 2018 16:29