What, where, when on weekend in Transcarpathia (24 - 26 of August)
August 24 - The 28th Anniversary of Independence of Ukraine in Uzhgorod will begin with a prayer for Ukraine from the Honored Academic Transcarpathian People's Choir under the direction of Natalia Petiy-Potapchuk. This year, with the participation of amateur groups "Valgundietis" and "Saulgriezhi" from Latvia. The beginning is at 6.00 (A. Bachinsky sq. near the Holy Cross Greek Catholic Cathedral, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - official events for Independence Day of Ukraine in Uzhgorod. At 9.30 - the nationwide minute of silence as a sign that Ukraine and the Ukrainians remember their heroes, one hundred bells will be struck in the temples, which will symbolize one hundred heartbeats of each of the fallen Heroes of the Heaven's Hundred. Starting at 10.00, solemn fanfares will play on the balcony of the RSA. (Narodna Sq., Uzhgorod)
August 24 - Independence Day events in Mukachevo. Program: 16.00 - Concert of the Mukachevo Military Orchestra (head - Lyubomir Loboyko), 17.00 - Concert of the choir "Vidhomin",as well as the choir "Lyra" of the City House of Culture. The beginning is at 17.00 (Cyril and Methodius sq.). 18.00 - Concert with participation of talented young people of the city (Liana Pritska, Vitaliy Horvat, Svitlana Bobuska, Ada Hirb, JANE and others (Cyril and Methodius sq., Mukachevo).
August 24 - the nationwide minute of silence as a sign that Ukraine and the Ukrainians remember their heroes, one hundred bells will be struck in the temples, which will symbolize one hundred heartbeats of each of the fallen Heroes of the Heaven's Hundred. The beginning is at 9.30. (Perechyn district).
August 24 - Prayer services for Ukraine in temples of the district (Beregovo district).
August 24 - Independence Day in Rakhiv. 10.00 - children's cycling race. 13.00 - Bicycle parade in embroidered shirts (square in front of the District House of Culture, Rakhiv).
August 24 - on the occasion of Independence Day of Ukraine, the brass band presents the program "We are your children, Ukraine!" (director - People's Artist of Ukraine Volodymyr Spivak). Soloists - Myroslava Shvakh-Pekar (vocals) and members of the children's vocal ensemble "Perlynka" under the direction of Maria Mudranynets. The host is Olga Donetska. The beginning is at 16.00 (Transcarpathian Regional Philharmonic, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - festive concert dedicated to the 28th anniversary of Independence of Ukraine. The program includes performances from guests from Latvia (ensembles "Valgundietis" and "Saulgrieži"), vocal duet of winners of international, all-Ukrainian competitions and festivals, participants of the TV project "The Voice", sisters Margarita and Vitalina Moroz, ensembles of the PADIYUN, choreographic ensemble "Zirati-Zefirchyk". The beginning is at 15.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - Charity event "Photo of a Patriot" from the Movement to support Transcarpathian soldiers. Have a patriotic photo against the background of the Ukrainian flag taken - help the Transcarpathian soldiers! 11.00 - 19.00 (Nezalezhnist embankment near the linguistic gymnasium, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - Evening of the Ukrainian rock in "Starytsia". The beginning of the evening is at 19.00 ("Starytsia", Fedynets st., 52 a, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - the VIIIth Jam Festival. The program of the festival: 7.00 - 9.00 - installation of cauldrons, plum washing, preparation for the jam cooking process; 9.00-19.00 - tasting and purchase of dishes with a jam; 13.00 - contest for the most delicious Hungarian dish in the nominations: bograch-goulash, Hungarian fish soup, goulash with beans, stuffed cabbage; 14.00 - grand opening of the festival; 17.00 - 18.00 - announcement of the contest winners; 20.00 - dance till dawn (the village of Hecha, Beregovo district)..
August 24 - City Dog Show. The beginning is at 10.00 (Bozdosh park, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - 25 - The Youth Commission of the Mukachevo Greek Catholic Diocese organized the Youth Pilgrimage to the relics of Reverend Theodor Romzha, which started on August 22. August 24 (Day 3) - Teresva - Nyzhnya Apsha - Verknye Vodyane and Nyzhnye Vodyane - Velyky Bychkiv, August 25 - finish of the pilgrimage with the Liturgy (Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the village of V. Bychkiv, Rakhiv district).
August 24 - 25 - All-Ukrainian poetry festival "Knight of the Carpathians", organized by the literary agency "Zillya" and the National Union of Writers of Ukraine. The grand opening will take place on August 24 at 14.00 (premises of the Transcarpathian Regional Organization of the National Union of Writers of Ukraine, Zhupanatska sq., 3, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - 25 - the fair on the occasion of Independence Day of Ukraine from the Movement to support Transcarpathian soldiers. 10.00-19.00 (Nezalezhnist Embankment, Uzhgorod)
August 24 - 25 - stage II of the B-Group Championship of Ukraine, stage IV of the Cup of Ukraine (Western Region) and XXXV traditional inter-regional motocross dedicated to the Independence Day of Ukraine. August 24, the beginning is at 11.00, in the evening - disco (Termachuv tract, near the town of Velyky Berezny).
August 24 - 25 - Children's party. Program: 15.00 - aqua make-up, cotton candy and popcorn, 17.00 - entertainment animation show, 19.00 - foam disco (for visitors of the complex - free of charge) (reservation of tables) ("Shambhala" tourist complex, the village of Orikhovytsya, Uzhgorod district).
August 25 - III All-Ukrainian Forum of ATO Participants "HARDENED BY WAR". The event will include a solemn procession of the ATO participants, demonstrations of weapons and military equipment. There will also be weight lifting and tug-of-war competitions. Come and participate. The opening ceremony is at 13.00 (House of Culture, Chop).
August 25 - Traditional Power Tournament "Carpathian Bear". Athletes from Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Donetsk, Mukachevo and Uzhgorod will take part in the competition. They will compete in the following events: 120 kg log lifting, deadlift, 120 to 160 kg stone lifting, timed car holding, farmer's walk (with 150 kg suitcase). The beginning is at 14.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod)
August 26-27 - Pilgrimage to Dzhublik on the occasion of the 17th anniversary of the revelation of the Mother of God (Monastery of the Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Dzhublik Tract, the village of Nyznye Bolotne, Irshava district).
- members of the Transcarpathian organization of the National Union of Artists of Ukraine will congratulate Ukraine. People's artists Volodymyr Mykyta, Boris Kuzma, Taras Danylych, Honored Artists Vladislav Gabda, Taras Usyk, Odarka Dolgosh-Sopko, Olena Kondratyuk, Tetyana Sopilnyak, Mykola Shete, Andreya Pauk and other known artists will present their selected works. Every day (except Monday), 11.00-18.00, Saturday - 11.00-15.00, Sunday -11.00 - 13.00 ("Uzhgorod" gallery, Uzhgorod)
- new exhibits displayed on the occasion of Independence Day of Ukraine, as well as the thematic book exhibition "Sovereign Ukraine - From Origins to the Present". Every day, except Mondays, 10.00 - 18.00 (Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum, Kapitulna st., 33, Uzhgorod)
- works of masters of decorative and applied art of Transcarpathia "From folk sources". Gisella Kupash, Oksana Masalovich, Petro Shehda, Oleksandr Senko, Maria Yalova, Maria Kupar, Emma Levadska and other well-known masters will present works in different types and genres, such as weaving, embroidery, carving, ceramics, etc. The exhibition is traditionally held on the Independence Day of Ukraine by the museum workers and specialists of the Transcarpathian regional organizational and methodical center of culture. In another hall - exhibition "Inspired by doll" and a personal exhibition of paintings by Serhiy Hlushchuk "A New Meeting". Every day (except Tuesday) 10.00 - 18.00 (Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, Kapitulna st., 33 "a" Uzhgorod)
- "Embroidered Miracle. Motifs of Folk Embroidery in the Works of Transcarpathian Artists". Every day (except Monday) 9.30-17.30 (Transcarpathian Regional Art Museum, Zhupanatska square, Uzhgorod)
- book exhibition on the occasion of the Independence Day of Ukraine (Museum of Transcarpathian Literature, branch of the Transcarpathian Regional Art Museum, Zhupanatska square, Uzhgorod)
- thematic photo exhibition on the occasion of the 28th anniversary of Independence of Ukraine (atrium of Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Narodna Square, 4, Uzhgorod)
- archival documents (on the occasion of Independence Day) (foyer of Transcarpathian Regional Philharmonic, Uzhgorod)
- photo exhibition of Slovak artist Stefan Izo "The Road of Life". Every day, except Monday, 10.00-18.00 (Uzhgorod Castle Exhibition Hall, Kapitulna st., 33, Uzhgorod)
- display "Art and craft casting of Transcarpathia in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries." Every day, except Mondays, 10.00 - 18.00 (Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum, Kapitulna st., 33, Uzhgorod)
- new display on the 75-year-old events, when the Hungarian authorities, on the orders from the Nazi command, sent echelons with Transcarpathian Jews to the concentration camp Auschwitz and a story of a Jewish girl from the village of Bilky Lilia Jakob. Every day, except for weekends (on weekends - by appointment) (history and local lore museum, Irshava).
- new exhibition "Winter motifs in the works of A. Kotska", which is the final one in the series "Seasons of the year in the landscapes of Andriy Kotska" (Memorial House and Museum of People's Artist of Ukraine Andriy Kotska, Vinnychna, 20, Uzhgorod)
- new exhibition "F. Manaylo's Monumental Art" (Memorial House-Museum of People's Artist of Ukraine F. Manaylo, Drugety st., 74, Uzhgorod)
- works of the People's Artist of Ukraine Volodymyr Mykyta (visit by arrangement with the author) (museum of V.Mykyta, Sobranetska st., Uzhgorod)
16 August 2019 11:12