What, where, when on weekend in Transcarpathia (21 - 22 of April)
April 21 - Roma Music Festival dedicated to the International Roma Day. Representatives of the Roma community in colorful national costumes will gather at 14.00 on Teatralna Square and will march to the city center singing and dancing. The procession will end on Pravoslavna embankment. At 15.00, celebrations with performances of Roma artists from all over the region will begin on the stage of the Transcarpathian Regional Academic Ukrainian Music and Drama Theater. Free entrance (the city of Uzhgorod).
April 21 - "Sakura Bike Ride". The total length of the bike route is 14 km. The beginning is at 11.00 (start from Peremoha Park, Mukachevo).
April 21 - concert of Transcarpathian Academic Choir "Cantus" with the participation of singers from Switzerland. The beginning is at 18.00 (entrance is free) ("Owl's Nest", Rakoczi st., 2, Uzhgorod).
April 21 - concert of choral singing within the framework of the IV All-Ukrainian Open Choir Festival-Competition "Voices of the Bright Country". The beginning is at 16.30. (Uzhgorod Greek Catholic Holy Cross Cathedral, Uzhgorod).
April 21 - documentary film "Hannah: Untold History of Buddhism" (story of Hannah Nidal and her adventures while spreading Tibetan Buddhism in the West). The beginning is at 19.00 (ticket price is 80 UAH) (Ilko Gallery, Koshitska street, Uzhgorod).
April 21 - Free Transcarpathian smithy. Visitors of the museum will have the opportunity to not only see the skillful work of the masters, but also try to work in the Transcarpathian smithy, to buy products made by the skillful hands of blacksmiths. The beginning is at 14.00 (Transcarpathian Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, Kapitulna st., 33 "a", Uzhgorod).
April 21 - IV round of the handball championship of the region "Children's League" among young men born 2003 - 2004 (Beregovo).
April 21 - football championship on the region (Irshava)
April 21-22 - within the framework of Sakura Fest-2018 - "Sakura Wine" festival. The program includes wines from the best Transcarpathian winemakers from wine regions of Ukraine, tastings from reputable Ukrainian sommeliers and winemakers, Transcarpathian and Hungarian cuisine from the "Cimborak", art-zone with installations, group Chalamada with acoustic concert. The beginning is at 11.00 (city center, "Owl's Nest", Uzhgorod).
April 21-22 - Qigong: Ba Duan Jing. The seminar will be conducted by Hanchak Petro, Honorary President of the Transcarpathian Regional Wu-Shu Federation, and the Vice-President of the All-Ukrainian Association of Chinese Traditions and Culture. Saturday - 10.00 - 12.00, 15.00 - 17.00, 10.00 - 12.00 (there may be changes in the schedule, pre-regisration required) (Petofi sq., 15 (school number 9), Uzhgorod).
April 21-22 - Sakura Handmade Fair from the Movement to Support Transcarpathian Soldiers. The beginning is at 11.00 - 19.30 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod).
April 21-22 - within the framework of the Sakura Fest 2018 - "Velo-Lider" - cycling competitions among children and youth. The beginning is at 11.00 (Cultural and Recreational Park "Bozdosh", Uzhgorod).
April 21-22 - within the framework of Sakura Fest 2018 - Uzhgorod OPEN-2018 - XVI International Dance Sports Competition. There will be more than a thousand couples from 27 countries of the world. On Saturday, there will be WDSF World Open Latin, WDSF Youth Open Latin world qualification competitions, as well as open and qualification competitions, show performances. The grand opening is at 18.30. On Sunday, there will be WDSF World Open Standard, WDSF Youth Open Standard world qualification competitions, open and classification competitions. Age of participants is 6 to 45 years (sports complex "Yunist", M.Zankovetska street, Uzhgorod).
April 22 - within the framework of the project "Open city tours", there will be a tour to the ruins of the castle on the topic "History of the Khust castle" (in the event of an unfavorable weather, the tour will take place in the Museum of Local Lore (Pirogov st., 1). The gathering is at 14.00 (near the fountain on Nezalezhnist Square, Khust).
April 22 - on the occasion of the International Earth Day, the NGO "Ecosphere" organizes the campaign "Clean City - Clean Planet" - a public campaign for children and young people. The beginning is at 12.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod).
April 22 - the final of the XIII campaign "Heart to Heart" will take place in all cities of Transcarpathia. On this day, volunteers will go out on the streets of the cities and will be asking people to make their small contribution to support of hearing impaired children. There will be a concert devoted to the final of the campaign. There will be performances of the modern dance studio "Blitz", "Dance Corporation of Friends", vocal numbers of the "PADIYUN" producer center, students of UzhNU and Uzhgorod College of Culture and Arts. The program also includes aqua make-up, interesting master classes, drawings on the asphalt and a charity exhibition-sale of children's paintings. The youngest spectators will be entertained by funny clowns and mimes. The beginning is at 14.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod).
April 22 - within the framework of the International Festival "Music Without Borders" - concert "The best of Liszt". Katerina Hazho (organ), Diana Havata (cello). The program includes works by famous Hungarian composer Ferenc Liszt. The beginning is at 17.00 (tickets are available at the box office of the Philharmonic) (Regional Philharmonic, Uzhgorod).
April 22 - musical fairy tale "The big frog" L.Ustynov (directed by O. Sarkisyants). The beginning is at 12.00 (ticket price - 40 UAH); "A Step from Love" based on the well-known work of Mykhailo Starytsky "Gypsy Aza" (directed by Honored Artist of Ukraine Vasyl Shershun). The beginning is at 18.00 (ticket price is 60-80 UAH) (Transcarpathian Academic Regional Ukrainian Music and Drama Theater, Uzhgorod).
April 22 - with the blessing of the head of the Mukachevo diocese, His Eminence Theodore, the Easter concert will take place. Transcarpathian Academic Honored Folk Choir, honored artists of Ukraine, Sadvari family and pupils of sunday schools of the Mukachevo Orthodox diocese will take part in the concert. The beginning is at 16.00 (entrance is free) (Transcarpathian Academic Regional Puppet Theater "Bavka", Uzhgorod).
April 22 - performance "Cinderella" for children. The beginning is at 12.00, tragicomedy in two acts "Contest". The beginning is at 17.00 (drama theater,Mukachevo).
April 22 - premiere of performances for children of preschool and school age "Tryam! Hello!" based on the play by Sergei Kozlov - screenwriter of the world-famous cartoon "Hedgehog in the Fog" (director - Honored Artist of Ukraine Natalia Oreshnikova). The beginning is at 11.00 and 13.00 (tickets are available at the theater box office) (Transcarpathian academic puppet theater "Bavka", Uzhgorod).
April 21-23 - Literary "Sakura Fest". April 21 at 13.00 - Central City Library (in Mukachevo), April 22 - in Beregovo, April 23 - in Uzhgorod. The beginning is at 17.00. (Transcarpathian Regional Universal Scientific Library, the city of Uzhgorod).
- drawings by Gavrilo Gluck (1912 - 1983) from the family collection. Every day, except Monday, 11.00-21.00, Sunday - 12.00-19.00 ("Ilko Gallery", Koshitska street, Uzhgorod).
- graphic exhibition "Under the Glass" from the Association of Creative Women of Transcarpathia "Nova forma" with the support of the Brovdi Art Cultural and Art Foundation. Members of the Association of Creative Women of Transcarpathia "Nova Forma" Odarka Dolgosh, Olena Kondratyuk, Lyudmila Korzh-Radko and Nadia Ponomarenko present their works. Every day, except Tuesday, 10.00 - 18.00 (Transcarpathian Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life,Uzhgorod).
- a personal exhibition on the occasion of the jubilee of Transcarpathian artist, the winner of the Y.Bokshay and A. Erdelyi Regional Prize Olena Kondratyuk. Every day (except Monday) 11.00-18.00, Saturday - 11.00-15.00, Sunday - 11.00-13.00 ("Uzhgorod" gallery, Uzhgorod).
- exhibition of works by painter, director of the Khust city art gallery Orest Tsyupko on the occasion of the 55th anniversary. Every day, except Monday-Tuesday, 11.00 - 17.00, Sunday - 11.00 -15.00 (exhibition hall "Impasto", Shevchenko st., 8, Vynogradiv).
- "Easter colors", dedicated to Easter. The organizers are the museum workers Vitaliy Petrus and Svitlana Dorohiy. Decorative and applied art works by pupils of Khust special boarding school are presented. Everyday 9.00 - 16.00 (local lore museum, Khust).
- "Breath of Spring" - an exhibition works by members of Khust Creative Association "Verkhovyna Artist" (city art gallery, Pirogov st., 1, the city of Khust).
- IV regional festival-contest "Arise, Easter egg!" Transcarpathian educators and their pupils presented over 17 thousand Easter eggs made in more than ten techniques. The festive symbols of Easter on 57 Easter egg trees (Narodna Square, Uzhgorod).
Every day, except Monday, 9.30 -17.30 (Transcarpathian Art Museum, the city of Uzhgorod).
- new permanent exhibition "President of Carpathian Ukraine Fr.Augustine Voloshin (1874-1945) and Carpathian Ukraine (1938-1939) in philately." 60 new exhibits purchased by the museum from famous Uzhgorod collector Volodymyr Bubyak. 10.00 - 17.00 (every day, except Mondays) (Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum, Kapitulna st., 33,Uzhgorod).
- "Easter Fair" (town center, Khust).
- Botanical Garden of UzhNU. Every day, except Saturday - Sunday, 8.00 to 16.00, tours for groups - 8.00 to 14.00 (Olbracht st., 8, Uzhgorod).
2 November 2018 14:12