What, where, when on weekend in Transcarpathia (16 - 17 of December)
December 16 - open lecture "Secrets of the Medieval Castles of Transcarpathia. Results of Archaeological Research. Problems. Searches. Prospects", organized by the School of Young Archeologist of the Transcarpathian Tourism Center in conjunction with the Transcarpathian Regional Local Lore Museum. Lecturer: Ph.D. I. Prokhnenko (UzhNU). The admission is free. The beginning is at 10.00. (Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum, the city of Uzhgorod).
December 16 - "Christmas Workshop" for adults and children, organized by the NGO "Happy Children". For children aged 6 to 9 years: 13:00 - 14:00 - Soap making from Alyona Bulyna (100 UAH), 14:30 - 15:30 - Thread toys for a Christmas tree from Yulianna Hahel (100 UAH), 16:00 - 17:00 - decoration of eco-bags from the Creative Workshop "pTashka" (150 UAH) (pass for all workshops - 290 UAH). For children aged 10 to 15 years: 13:00 - 14:00 - felt boots from Karina Vashkeba (100 UAH), 14:30 - 15:30 - decoration of gingerbread from Irina Kobzar (100 UAH), 16:00 - 17:00 - decoration of eco-bags from the Creative Workshop "pTashka" (150 UAH) (pass for all workshops - 290 UAH). For adults: 13:00 - 15:00 - carving (decoration of holiday dishes) from Oksana Sheheda (200 UAH), 15:30 - 16:30 - Christmas arrangement from Vanda Bondareva (200 UAH) (pass for all workshops - 350 UAH) (cafe "Caffeine Uzhgorod", Lev Tolstoy st., 44, Uzhgorod).
December 16 - "Bear's Workshop" - another master-class from the Movement to support Transcarpathian soldiers. This time from Oksana Pyntya, who is a carving expert, the founder of the IBOC-Fruit Decor studio. Making of original festive arrangements based on fruit, as well as spices, sweets and the corresponding decorations. Price - 200 hryvnia (all materials are provided). The beginning is at 14.30 and 17.30 (Shvabska st., 68, office center near the "Mamadai", 3rd floor, office 306, Uzhgorod).
December 16 - New Year's fair from the NGO "Vynogradivsky Patsyorky". Gifts and handmade souvenirs from local craftswomen. 9.00 - 15.00 (passage, the city of Vynogradiv).
December 16 - tourist excursion project "Open Transcarpathian Smithy". The beginning is at 14.00 (Territory of the "Historical Smithy-1701", "Detsa u Notarya", the city of Uzhgorod).
December 16 - the campaign for the prevention of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases. You will be able to have your blood pressure, blood glucose measured, and undergo an ultrasound examination of the carotid arteries of the neck. Everything is free. 10.00 - 15.00 ("Dastor: shopping center, Uzhgorod).
December 16 - Charitable Concert from the PADIYUN "Modern dance studio "Blitz ". The beginning is at 17.00 (PADIYUN, Uzhgorod).
December 16 - district weightlifting tournament (the city of Irshava).
December 16-17 - NGO "Cimborak Ungvar" arranges a holiday town. There will be Christmas delicious dishes and sweets, and the proceeds will be used for equipping a playground in the Batyovo orphanage and the purchase of developing toys for every child in the regional children's home in Svalyava. There will also be performances of bands, a mini-territory for children (Nezalezhnist Embankment, Uzhgorod).
December 16-17 - The First Gingerbread Festival in Transcarpathia. An exhibition of gingerbread houses. A fair of gingerbread and handmade products. A special photo-zone, contests for children and various master classes ("Owl's Nest" and the nearby area, Uzhgorod).
December 16-17 - IVth Christmas (Advent) Fair, organized by the Society of Hungarian Culture of Transcarpathia and the Transcarpathian Hungarian Tourist Board (Kossut Sq., Beregovo).
December 16-17 - handball tournament on the occasion of St. Nicholas Day among girls born in 2007 - 2008 (gym at A. Voloshin st., 60, Khust).
December 16-17 - competitions of the mini-football Cup of Tyachiv united community among children and youth teams of the district and the region (age groups 2005 - 2006 and 2007 - 2008). The beginning is at 10.00 (premises of the sports arena "Tyachiv", Tyachiv).
December 16-18 - photo-zone and exhibition "Christmas tree of Charity" from the "Happy children". Charity auction - December 18th at 19.00 Toys will be put up for sale, and the proceeds will be used for the organization of the holiday and gifts for children from low-income families (2 floor, near the fountain, supermarket "Dastor", Uzhgorod).
December 17 - charity race "Run to help!" from the Uzhhorod Running Club. The procceeds will be used to buy gifts for children from poor families. The registration starts at 11.00, the race starts at 12.00 (Teatralna Square, Uzhgorod).
December 17 - Christmas Fair. The beginning is at 11.00 (near the Roman Catholic Church, the Roman Catholic parish will donate the proceeds to support the children's ward of the Rakhiv hospital). At 17.00 - Christmas concert (Roman Catholic Church, Rakhiv).
December 17 - St. Barbara's Day. Open master-class on embroidery from the head of the museum embroidering studio "Kosytsya" Tetyana Kohutych and the women, who were studying at the studio during the year. Also, the choreographer and concertmaster of the Honored Academic Transcarpathian Folk Choir will conduct a master class on folk dances. The beginning is at 12.00 (Transcarpathian Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, Uzhgorod).
December 17 - performance for children - St. Nicholas Feast. The beginning is at 11.00 and 13.00 (Transcarpathian Regional Academic Puppet Theater "Bavka", Uzhgorod).
December 17 - Regional New Year's draughts tournament "Christmas Mukachevo - 2018" (the city of Mukachevo).
December 17 - Dojo Satori Sports and Active Recreation Center, together with Chaslivtsi House of Culture, arranges Christmas competitions. (Dojo Satori Sports and Active Recreation Center, the village of Chaslivtsi, Uzhgorod district).
- black and white photos "Transcarpathia. Transcarpathians 2017 "organized by the Union of Photo-Artists of Transcarpathia and the Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum (Transcarpathian Local Lore Museum, the city of Uzhgorod).
- Works (sculpture, graphics) of Uzhgorod sculptor, Honored Artist of Ukraine Bohdan Korzh (on the occasion of the 65th anniversary). Every day, except Monday, 11.00 - 17.00, Saturday, 11.00 - 15.00, Sunday - 11.00 - 13.00 ("Uzhgorod" Gallery, the city of Uzhgorod).
- presentation of works of a member of the National Union of Artists of Ukraine, laureate of the regional Y. Bokshay and A. Erdelyi prize Anna Landovska (on the occasion of the 55th anniversary). The exhibition "About what surrounds me..." features about 40 works made for the most part during the last 5 years (atrium of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Narodna Square, 4, Uzhgorod).
- Hexagram - group exhibition of works (painting, graphic, arts and crafts) by six artists - Svitlana Kyrlyk, Tetyana Ivanytska, Emma Levadska, Andreia Pavuk, Tetyana Levlyas and Viktoriya Manaylo-Prikhodko. Every day (except Monday) 9.00 -17.00 (Transcarpathian Regional Art Museum, the city of Uzhgorod).
- "Still Lifes" of Uzhgorod artist, researcher, teacher of the Transcarpathian Academy of Arts Roman Pylyp (art cafe "Voto", Voloshin street, Uzhgorod).
- "Parallels of Being by Maria Mytryk" (art salon "ArtPro", Svoboda ave., Uzhgorod).
- Ukrainian artist Tiberiy Silvash, who works in the genre of a new abstract art (born in Mukachevo, lives and works in Kyiv). This is the first time Silvashi's works will be presented in Transcarpathian region as a holistic project. Every day, except Monday 11.00-21.00, Sunday 12.00-19.00 (Art Center "Ilko Gallery", Koshitska street,Uzhgorod).
- a unique exhibition of old clothes of Luhansk region of mid XIX - early XX century "Evacuated collection" and traditional clothes of the Borzhava valley villages, modern embroidery (district House of Children's Art, Irshava).
- permanent ensemble exhibition "History of Transcarpathia from the 8th century to 1919" (the project was implemented thanks to the close cooperation of the Transcarpathian Regional Local Lore Museum and Nyiregyhaza Museum, with the support of the Consulate General of Hungary in Uzhgorod and with the assistance of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration and the Transcarpathian Regional Council (the castle, Uzhgorod).
- permanent exhibition "Wooden church architecture of Transcarpathia". Features 109 paintings by Ivan Shutyev from the series "Prayer in Wood", 43 models of folk craftsman from Mizhhirya district Andriy Vorobets (Pirogov st. 4, Mukachevo).
- art of A. Kotka. Every day, except Monday. 10.00-17.00, Sunday - 13.00-17.00 (Memorial House and Museum of People's Artist of Ukraine Andriy Kotska, Vinnychna Str., 20, Uzhgorod).
- Permanent exhibition of Fedir Manaylo. Every day except Sunday-Monday - 9.00 - 17.00 (Memorial House and Museum of F. Manaylo, Drugety st., 74, Uzhgorod).
- Permanent exhibition of the People's Artist of Ukraine Volodymyr Mykyta (visit by arrangement with the author) (museum of V.Mykyta, Sobranetska Str. 68/2, Uzhgorod).
- exhibition of Transcarpathian rural life items. Every day (except Tuesday) 10.00 - 18.00 (Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, Uzhgorod).
- excursions to the Saint-Miklos castle (the village of Chynadiyevo, Mukachevo district).
- Exhibitions. Every day, except Monday, 9.00 - 18.00 (Kuruc lane, Palanok castle, Mukachevo).
- unique weaving patterns. 9.00 - 18.00 (Monday to Friday, lunch break - 13.00 to 14.00) (Museum of Weaving, the village of Cherna, Vynogradiv district).
- Exhibition of historical and regional folk museum "Sriberna Zemlya" (the village of Hrushovo, Prykordonna Str., 2, Tyachiv district).
- Exhibitions. 9.00 - 17.00 (local lore museum, Khust).
- Exhibition of kerosene lamps, consumer items, and exhibition devoted to the events in the east (on weekends - on request) (the District Historical Museum, Irshava).
- Exhibitions of the Museum of Beregovo district (Beregovo, Bethlen, Str 1).
- Exhibitions of the Museum of Weaving (the village of Velyki Beregy, Beregovo district).
- Museum of Mountain Ecology and Natural Resources of the Ukrainian Carpathians. 8.00 to 17.00 (lunch break - 12.00 to 13.00) (25 UAH - for adults, 18 UAH - for students, 12 UAH - for shoolchildren (central manor of the CBR, outskirts of Rakhiv).
- thematic exhibitions: "To the 100th anniversary of the UPR", "Folk customs and rites of the region" (Museum of local lore, Pirogov st., 1, the city of Khust).
- Exibitions of District Historical Museum (Shevchenko street,Vynogradiv).
- Exhibitions of the historical museum (the village of Kvasovo, Beregovo district).
- ethnographic museum "Verkhovyna" - interesting exhibits of our ancestors. Every day, except weekends, 9.00 - 14.00 (school, the village of Volosyanka, Velyky Berezny district).
- Village Ethnographic Museum (the village of Pryborazhavske, Irshava district).
- Museum complex "Old Village". Every day (no breaks and days off) 8.00 - 18.00. Admission fee: adult - 40 UAH, privileged - 30 UAH, children - 15 UAH. Guided tour: up to 10 persons - 100 UAH, up to 20 persons - 150 UAH, up to 30 persons - 200 UAH. Riding on a motor trolley - 50 UAH in the museum "Kolochava narrow gauge" (the village of Kolochava, Mizhhirya district).
- Tisa museum complex - skansen (house of a poor man, rural school and house of a wealthy farmer, the historical museum in the former Foharashi estate). 11:00-19:00 (Shevchenko st., 74, the village of Tysobyken, Vynogradiv district).
- Museum "Lemko Household". Every day, except Tuesday and Sunday -11.00 -19.00, the museum "Roma Kolyba" (a hut with a straw roof and a forge) (the village of Zarichovo, Perechyn district);
- Museum of Rural Life and Customs "Sklad" (the village of Dubrynychi, Perechyn district);
- New Year's Fair (Karpatska Sich street, Khust).