The reforms in the country and the region are taking place, despite fierce resistance (OPINION)
The issue of administrative and territorial reform is in the focus of attention of not only domestic media. Experts believe that the success of united communities "fuel" the concerns of marginal entities that usualy administer public funds and want to keep their influence on the decisions and actions of local governments. This. in particular, told by the regional legal adviser Oleg Luksha to the "Tisa" radio.
- Reforms were announced a year ago. Can we now talk about some results?
- In fact, promotion, explanation and, in fact, the work itself started a year ago. Although preparatory work in the legal field, as I said many times, has been taking place in the expert community since the early 2000s. And I can say that the two communities of Transcarpathia - those "pioneers" who dared to take the responsibility for a new way of living are Tyachiv and Vilkhivka. Although throughout Ukraine, there are 159 such comminities.
- How do they live?
- Of course, not easy. Pros: These communities received direct interbudget relations, the right to dispose of the funds - independence from the district, and the region. The main disadvantages are issues unresolved at the national level in the legal field. For example, the execution of property rights, land issues...
- Are these, as you say, pros really tangible?
- I will give one indicative figure. While prior to the association, the budgets of the village councils, which became Vilkhivka united community, amounted in total to 5 million hryvnias, after the association, the figure is 40 million. Of course, they also received new responsibilities - funding of educational, cultural sphere. But, at the same time, the village council as the representative body of the united community has the right to decide on strategic issues of their community, staffing issues, identify priorities.
- If the pros are so obvious, why we do we not have "parade" of associations?
- Today, united communities face challenges that untill were not in their purview: they develop the structure of executive committees, learn to efficiently use the funds. You see, a major piece of the state budget was given to them, it can not please everybody. So, myths, innuendos continues to circulate around the association process. But our united communities are headed by true enthusiasts - Mykhailo Tsiryk (Vilkhivka community) and Ivan Kovacs (Tyachiv community), and I am sure that through our joint efforts we will be able to organize the work so as to set an example to all those who have doubts!
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13