The judiciary system in Transcarpathia is being reformed (Announcement)
On March 15, at 11.00, in Uzhgorod Press Club, there will be a press conference "Reforming of the territorial system of justice and legal aid, improvement of online services."
The press conference will be attended by:
- Ruslans Naturkach, the head of the Main Territorial Administration of Justice in Transcarpathian region;
- Ivan Almashiy, the first deputy head of the Main Territorial Administration of Justice in Transcarpathian region;
- Vasyl Popadynets, the director of the Regional center of free secondary legal aid;
Issues for discussion:
- What tasks will legal aid office carry out?
- What administrative services are available online?
- What changes will occur in the territorial departments of justice?
According to the plan of the Ministry of Justice reforming, nearly 600 district offices of Justice, that have been existing in Ukraine for 20 years, will be eliminated. Instead, legal aid offices will be set up. It is planned to set up more than 400 such offices across the country.
In the newly created officies, citizens will be provided with free legal aid.
The event is supported by the American people through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) under the "Fair Justice" Project.