Regional deputies consulted on how to better help seriously ill Transcarpathians
A meeting of the Standing Committee of the Transcarpathian Regional Council on labor, employment and social protection of the population under the chairmanship of Mykhailo Sofilkanych has taken place.
During the meeting, they examined materials submitted for consideration of the third plenary meeting of the second session of the Regional Council, including amendments to the program "Care" to strengthen social protection of citizens in 2016-2018 and more.
First of all, the committee members discussed the Procedure for providing one-time financial assistance to seriously ill citizens for treatment, prosthetics, purchase of implants, surgeries, including those outside Ukraine under the program "Care".
In the end, they agreed that the decision on granting one-time financial assistance shall be adopted by the commission of the RSA Department of Health based on the following documents:
- Personal application of the patient or his parents (legal representatives) to the Chairman of the regional council or the head of the Regional State Administration;
- A photocopy of the document certifying the applicant's identity and address of his or her residence;
- A photocopy of the certificate of identification code;
- A photocopy of one of the following documents: pension card, card of a disabled, a war or labour veteran, another document certifying his or her status (if available).
- Certificate of health and the necessity of treatment of the citizen;
- The act of examination of the material living conditions of the applicant;
- Certificate of bank details of the applicant;
- Other documents that might confirm the necessity of one-time financial assitance (excerpts, findings, etc., including opinion of a chief specialist of the Ministry of Health on the necessity of treatment abroad).
Also, the committee members actively discussed other proposed amendment to the Program concerning financial support to NGOs for disabled and veterans. In the new revision, under the proposition of the Chairman of the Transcarpathian Regional Council Mykhailo Rivis, it is recommended to financially support non-government organizations of disabled and veterans, political prisoners and repressed, other organizations and associations that contribute to solving socially important problems of the disabled and people affected by the Chernobyl disaster.
After a lengthy discussion, the deputies did not support this amendement and decided to meet with the Chairman of the Regional Council to discuss controversial issues.
22 October 2016 22:44
18 October 2016 22:19