In Transcarpathia, during a fire, firefighters evacuated 6 people
Yesterday, there was a fire in Svalyava high rise residential building. The fire engulfed a room in an apartment located on the third floor. Since there was no one at home, a neighbor noticed the fire. At 10:47, the man reported the fire to the Rescue Service "101".
Two crews of the 9th State Fire and Rescue Unit promptly arrived at the scene. Due to strong smoke, firefighters had to evacuate residents of neighboring apartments - 6 people in total. The fire in the room was quickly eliminated. In total, two pieces of equipment and 8 personnel members were engaged in elimination of the fire.
Law enforcement authorities are finding out the cause of the fire. Probably, it was caused by a short circuit in the wiring. The tenant of the apartment left it without turning off an electric heater, which could have led to a fire. The fire destroyed the heater, a bunk bed and a couch, and damaged a TV and a carpet.
8 December 2017 21:13
3 December 2017 09:03