Uzhgorod archive changes its residence
Archives appeared in Uzhgorod in 1935. For people, who know how to work with documents, such institutions have been invaluable for research.
Uzhgorod archive, which is now situated in the premises of the City Council, until recently, was inconvenient for such work, but its employees have received new facilities and modern resources and are planning many projects. The head of the archival department of Uzhgorod city council Tetyana Maryina told the Uzhgorod further details about this.
- Where are the city archives moving and was it hard to receive new premises?
- We were given the archives premises at Karmelyuk st., 7. There used to be the ME "RUMB" there. Currently, we are working on a few square meters of the office. And archival documents themselves are on Zhupanatska street, where the conditions for our staff are not too good.
- Will the updated archive meet all modern requirements?
- I have no doubt. Moreover, the management of the City Council is interested in that too. We have a beautiful renovated room with a spacious repository. So aside from relocating thousands of our existing files there, we will finally be able to take the documents from the City Council, which have accumulated there over 14 years. And this, by my count, amounts to 2.5 thousand units. By the way, in the future, there will also be a reading room, where researchers and students will be able to work; we also plan to organize exhibitions.
- When will you celebrate the new home?
- We plan to move in the beginning of the new year. Then, we will also celebrate the Day of archival employee, which is on December 24.
8 December 2017 21:13