Love Ukraine, like we do...
Correspondent of the Holos Karpat talked to the National Guard member of the Kulchytsky Battalion, 12 soldiers of which died on the spot in a terrible car accident on January 5th.
His call sign is Vatra. Now he lies on a bed - a lot of stitches on the face, the shoulder is heavily bandaged, but the curly blond scalp lock is still there.
Doctors say you spent almost two days in a coma, how do you feel now?
- Yes, I do not remember anything about the accident. Thank God I feel better now, can't complain. In the coma, it was easier (laughs weakly - Ed.). Since I have a lot of injuries it is very difficult to move.
You have many injuries, bruises and wounds. How is the treatment going?
- We are being very carefully looked after. I can not say about other survivors, because I have not seen them. They put a plate in the shoulder, stitched the face and reconstructed the jaw, the rest is slaughter and bruising. Unfortunately, there is no such surgeon in Ukraine that could save the eye.
What do you think helped you survive? You're were sitting at the point of impact.
- I do not know, the doctors said that I had been saved by the Lord Himself, that people do not survive with such injuries. I do not know how I broke the rifle with the face. I lost a lot of blood. They promise that the doctor from Canada or somewhere will come to operate the eye.
You broke a rifle?
- Yes, I was holding it between my legs in front of me, and upon the collision broke it with the head. But you should write not about me, but about the guys who served Ukraine heroically.
Maybe you want to say something to Transcarpathians?
- Yes, love Ukraine as my friends loved it. Glory to Ukraine!
Recall that on January 5, around 19:00, near Artemivsk, a "KrAZ" and a bus collided. 12 soldiers of the National Guard Kulchytsky battalion died. Another 17 were seriously wounded, including the 19-year-old volunteer from Uzhgorod.
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13