Rescuers did not have time to celebrate their professional holiday

17 September 2015 11:47  73106260 0107309
Rescuers did not have time to celebrate their professional holiday

Today, September 17, on the day of the professional holiday, Transcarpathian rescuers saved a life. At 4:33, the Rescue Service received a report of a fire in an apartment on Meresyev street in Uzhgorod. Concerned residents told rescuers that on the 2nd floor of a five-storey building, a balcony was burning.

Upon the arrival of regular divisions of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Unit of Uzhgorod, the fire had engulfed almost the whole balcony, so the firefighters had no time for reflection, because neighbors reported that there might be an elderly woman in the apartment. When the rescuers got into the appartment, they found in the room the unconscious owner of the apartment.

The rescuers took the victim outside and after providing first aid handed her over to paramedics. The woman was taken to Uzhhorod City Clinical Hospital with a diagnosis of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire was localized at 4:56, and completely eliminated at 5:28.

The fire destroyed the wooden frame of the balcony, the door and household items, and also blackened the walls.

The losses and the cause of the fire are being established, the press service of the regional office of the State Emergencies Service reported.

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments