Nearly whole mansion burned down because of a cigarette butt

29 September 2015 07:42  30107087 0108143
Nearly whole mansion burned down because of a cigarette butt

On September 28, the rescue service of Transcarpathia received a reported of a fire in the village of V.Heyivtsi in Uzhgorod district. The street facilities of a 46-year-old local resident were burning. The man, who at the time of the fire was inside, noticed the fire when it was already spreading. In the absence of a mobile or landline phone, he had to run to the neighbors to call the rescue service.

Firefighters of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Unit and fire brigade of the village of M. Hayivtsi localized the fire at 4:32, and completely eliminated it at 4:55.

With their deft actions, the professionals prevented spreading the fire to neighboring street facilities.

Probable cause of the fire is careless handling of fire while smoking by the owner. He said that before the fire he had been smoking and thrown a cigarette butt. The fire destroyed the building and household items.

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments