Do not kill for sport's sake (Announcement)
Next week, Uzhgorod will join the Anti-Fur Justice Initiative in Ukraine. The March for Life - Uzhgorod-2015 is one of the steps towards implementation of this initiative.
The purpose is to call people to humanity and, despite fashion trends, not to lose their heads and to be humans who have compassion and sober thinking, the event page on Facebook states.
The organizers and participants demand to ban fur farms in Ukraine and call to refuse using fur industry products.
The campaign takes place in different cities of Ukraine (Lviv, Kyiv, Odesa, Zhytomyr, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk) and has international status (Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Estonia, Armenia, Uzbekistan).
The march starts from Teatralna Square on October 4 at 13:00.
The aim of our campaign:
- To reduce the demand for fur
- To reduce the chance of building new fur farms
- To convey to the public that fur is an environmental damage
- That it is the killing of millions of animals every year
- Fur is processed with toxins and carcinogens which are harmful to health of factory workers and local residents near plants
- To offer an alternative and that it is very important, that there are ready solutions to solve this problem:
- Hollowfiber, hollowtech, microfiber and fleece instead of fur
- To expand national parks and recreation areas instead of farms.
We invite all who care!
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46