A wooden church from Transcarpathia can be seen in the Pardubice region of the Czech Republic (PHOTOS)
In the Pardubice region of the Czech Republic, in the village of Dobrzikov, one can see a wooden church that was moved there centuries ago from Transcarpathia.
The Church of All Saints was built in 1679 in the village of Velyka Kopanya in Vynogradiv district. In the 19th century, villagers sold her to the village of Kholmovets. At the beginning of the 20th century, the church state significantly deteriorated - the pyramid roof and part of the altar was damaged.
In 1927, a senator of the Czechoslovak Republic Vaclav Klofac - former defense minister of Czechoslovakia and a personal friend of Tomas Masaryk - learned about its sorry state. He bought it for 16,000 korunas. In 1930, it was shipped to the village of Dobrzikov, where the minister had his summer residence.
In 1963 the church was listed as a cultural monument, and now it is the property of Czechoslovak Hussite Church.
22 October 2016 22:44
18 October 2016 22:19