Why should we elect local council deputies? (Illustrations)
The movement CHESNO explains what elections to local councils are needed for
By electing local council deputies, we delegate significant powers to them. The movement CHESNO tried to explain voters what deputies at the local level are elected for and what they they should pay attention to. In fact, electing local council deputies, we delegate significant powers to them, namely:
1) To represent our interests in the management of common property of the community, ensuring the best "price-quality" ratio;
2) To take decisions to eliminate existing problems;
3) To abolish rules favorable for corruption;
4) To adopt rules conducive to receipt of certificates, services or information;
5) To protect against fraud and illegal fundraising in public institutions;
6) To take care of safety on the streets and to resolve common problems.
Accordingly, making our choice in favor of one candidate or another, we must know that he knows why he is running for deputy. To know that, we should just ask the candidate a few simple questions:
1) Why are you running? (Why do you want to become a deputy?);
2) Who is funding the campaign? (Where do the money come from?);
3) What are the objectives you set for yourself?
4) What problems in the city do you want to solve?
5) What will it give to local residents?
6) What can make you resign early?
7) How will you balance work of the local council deputy with your main job?
Thus, electing a deputy of the local council, you elect the manager of the resources and the budget of your city, village or town. You can influence the work of deputies and monitor it. How? See below:
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13