"KMKS" Party of Hungarians of Ukraine officially supported Volodymyr Chubirko at the election of the mayor
Today, October 19, the head of the Uzhgorod city organization of the Association of Hungarian Culture in Transcarpathia Zoltan Torych and a candidate for the mayor of Uzhgorod Volodymyr Chubirko signed an agreement, under which the KMKS expressed support for Chubirko at the election on October 25.
The agreement provides for cooperative activities on conducting systematic campaigning for the candidate for the mayor, as well as a number of obligations that Volodymyr Chubirko shall perform if elected as the mayor, namely:
- to ensure the safety and proper maintenance of Hungarian cultural and architecture monuments;
- to give a person nominated by the KMKS one job on a responsible position not lower than head of a department at Uzhgorod city council;
- to appoint a person nominated by the KMKS as the deputy head of the Department of Education of Uzhgorod city council;
- to nominate a representative of the KMKS for a member of the executive committee of Uzhgorod city council;
- to provide full support for activities carried out by the KMKS under the current legislation of Ukraine;
- yo support cultural and educational programs, talented youth development programs being implemented by the KMKS.
Commenting on the signing, Vladimir Chubirko noted that extremely glad to establishing such cooperation, because it is a continuation of its action for the integration of our country into the European community, "I have developed a close relationship with the Hungarians in Transcarpathia, since the lion's share of the work deputy and head of the Transcarpathian Regional I paid council linkages between our land and the European Union, of which Hungary is. It is no coincidence that the day before me and the chairman of the general meeting area Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg Oscar Shestak and Mayor Tibor kisvárda Lelesi signed an agreement establishing the "European Territorial Cooperation" Tisa »(EGTC)".
Zaklyuchayuchy similar agreements with the EU, we take the responsibility also of the rights of national minorities. And, given the large percentage of Hungarians living in Transcarpathia and Uzhgorod, we should not be limited to cultural or educational issues, but also to ensure the participation of minorities in the government. That is what we have agreed with my Hungarian partners. And I promise to ensure all points of the agreement after the elections ", - said Vladimir Chubirko.
According to the deputy of Ukraine Volodymyr Brenzovych, is convinced that the experience and knowledge of communications Vladimir Chubirko be useful as the city of Uzhgorod and serve as a comfortable community of Hungarian life: "I know Vladimir Vladimirovich ago. We were colleagues in the legislative bodies of the Transcarpathian Regional Council, I worked as deputy chairman, he now heads it. We are so many things to work together. I know that he is very much in those days made for the area. Therefore, the signing of such an agreement is not a fluke or some backroom agreements. This is an open agreement, by which everyone wins!"