In Irshava district, a family was poisoned by carbon monoxide

1 October 2015 12:22  51107231 0108287
In Irshava district, a family was poisoned by carbon monoxide

The last day of September nearly became the last in the life of a family from the village of Dorobratovo in Irshava district.On September 30th, about 9:45, 31-year-old husband, 26-year-old wife and their two-year daughter were delivered by an ambulance to Irshava district hospital. Doctors diagnosed all three with acute carbon monoxide poisoning. Fortunately, at present, their lives are not in danger anymore.The final cause of poisoning is to be determined. Most likely, the family was the victim of stove heating. In the evening, the man kindled the stove, and, obviously, closed the dumper on the stove before the wood had completely burned out. And carbon monoxide, which is odorless and colorless, gradually began to fill the house, poisoning the residents of the house.According to the adults, they woke up in the morning and all three were very sick. Parents worried about the little daughter, so wasting no time, the called an ambulance.Fortunately, this story has a happy ending. Often negligence of fire safety rules during cold season leads to tragedies with destroyed property and loss of life. And in rural areas, a large percentage of fires in this period occurs because of a broken stove heating.In this regard, the State Emergencies Service of Ukraine Office in Transcarpathian region asks countrymen to pay attention to the rules of operation of furnace heating. Before the heating season, check the serviceability of the furnace and the chimney, repair them, remove the soot, seal the cracks, whitewash the chimney in the attic and above the roof.

Read also

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments