During the fire in Mukachevo, rescuers evacuated 8 people

13 October 2015 09:34  40108011 0109077
During the fire in Mukachevo, rescuers evacuated 8 people

In the evening on October 10, in Mukachevo, on Industrialna Street, a fire occurred in the basement of a five-storey residential building. The fire was noticed by residents of apartments on the lower floors of the building who smelled a smoke. 19:05, the concerned people reported the incident to the Rescue Service "101".

Firefighters of the 18th and 19th State Fire and Rescue Units were sent to eliminate the fire on Industrialna Street. Because the building stairwells were filled with smoke, they had to immediately evacuate residents. Some people left the building on their own, the rest (eight people) were helped by rescuers. Then, at 19:38, firefighters localized the fire, and at 20:10 completely eliminated it.

Law enforcement authorities are finding out the cause of the fire. According to preliminary data, the fire was caused by electrical short circuit in the basement. As a result, a fire destroyed a furniture cabinet, 2 sq. m. of foam on the wall and debris. In addition, walls and ceiling of the basement got sooty. The damages caused are being established.

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments