Uzhgorod residents are invited to a public meeting-discussion "Creating People's Constitution of Ukraine"
November 24, 2015, in Uzhgorod, from 11.00 to 13.00, there will be the Public meeting-discussion "Creating People's Constitution of Ukraine" (the venue is to be confirmed and will be announced by November 22, 2015 to all registered participants)
In order to launch a nationwide, inclusive process of creating a new Constitution, the International Centre for Policy Studies (ICPS) initiates in all regions of the country a series of public consultations designed to initiate a constitutional process based on a comprehensive social dialogue, which is a mandatory standard of democratic countries. The result of this process should be the draft a new Constitution, created as a compromise of all stakeholders, which will preserve the integrity and sovereignty of the country.
The main speakers will be recognized experts in the field of constitutional law: Victor Musiyaka, Volodymyr Shapoval, Victor Shishkin, Mykola Kozyuba, Yuriy Vasylenko, Igor Koliushko, Hennadiy Druzenko and people's deputies of Ukraine.
Representatives of public sector / activists, representatives of local governments, academia (teachers / graduates), journalists, politically active citizens and others are invited to participate in the meeting-discussion.
Electronic registration of the participants of the meeting is open to November 21 at the link http://goo.gl/forms/WiKAkhMwpL
Questions for discussion:
- What kind of a new Constitution is needed in Ukraine?
- How to create a new Constitution based on the consensus around key values?
- Who and what is blocking the creation of a new Constitution based on social consensus?
- What is the role of the public in the creation of the new Constitution of Ukraine?
- How the new Basic Law developed with broad public participation can save Ukraine?
- International practice of inclusive process, what can be useful for Ukraine?
The event is held under the project "Applying international expertise and public consultation in the process of amending the Constitution of Ukraine", implemented with the support of the International Fund "Renaissance".
The coordinator of the event in the city of Uzhgorod is Andriy Vyshniak, Mobile phone 0506516415