Tomorrow, in Uzhgorod, there will be a press conference on the constitutional process in Ukraine (Announcement)
In order to launch a nationalwide, inclusive process for the creation of a new Constitution, the International Centre for Policy Studies (ICPS) initiates in all regions of Ukraine a series of public consultations designed to launch the constitutional process based on the widest possible public involvement, as is customary in democratic countries. The result of this process should be the draft of a new Constitution, created as a compromise between different social groups and all regions of Ukraine.
Issues for discussion:
- How to start the process of developing a new Basic Law of Ukraine on the basis of consensus around key values?
- Update of the existing Constitution: does this way correspond to the public demand and the logic of the development of Ukrainian society?
- Who and what is blocking the creation of a new Constitution based on social contract?
- What is the role of civil society in the process of creating a new Constitution of Ukraine based on public will?
- How the new Basic Law, developed based on public consensus, may contribute to the reintegration of Ukraine?
- International practice of inclusive democratic process: what can be useful for Ukraine?
Representatives of public sector / activists, representatives of local governments, academia (faculty / graduates), journalists, politically active citizens and others are invited to participate in the discussion.
The event is held within the project "Construction of the general public dialogue for constitutional reform", supported by the International Fund "Renaissance".
Recognized experts in the field of constitutional law will be the main speakers at the event:
- Vasyl Filipchuk
- Taras Stetskiv
- Serhiy Kishchenko
The venue of the event: Hotel "Duet Plus", Koshitska str., 6.