Three people, including one child, were rescued in a fire in Uzhgorod (PHOTOS)
November 17, the rescue service was reported about a fire in an apartment of a five-storey residential building on Svoboda Avenue, in Uzhgorod. According to witnesses, who called 101 at 16:45, flames and smoke were coming out from the windows of an apartment on the second floor.
Crews of the 14th State Fire and Rescue Unit were sent to eliminate the fire. Using ladders, firefighters rescued a 56-year-old resident of the apartment and referred him to paramedics. The man was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. After receiving first aid, the man refused hospitalization.
Rescuers brought down a 80-year-old resident of a neighboring appartment. Because of advanced age, the woman could not get out of the appartment on her own. In addition, firefighter Vasyl Derech using a retractable ladder saved a 5-year-old girl from a smoky apartment on the third floor.
Also rescuers evacuated 10 people who could not leave their homes on their own. At 17:20, the fire was localized, and at 18:15, it was finally eliminated.
The fire destroyed household goods, a refrigerator, doors and electric meter, and also damaged furniture, floor and blackened walls.
The cause of fire and total amount of loss are being established.
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13