Migration Service explained which children need travel passports

31 March 2015 14:35  16395633 096631
Migration Service explained which children need travel passports

Travel passport or permission to travel is necessary only for those children, who have not received the documents for travel abroad by April 1, 2015.

This was stated by the spokesman of the State Migration Service Serhiy Hunko.

He said that all documents, that have been received previously, stay valid and will be valid until the end of their validity period. 

He said travel passports of the new model do not have option of writing information about children in parents' documents.

"Now, since the first of January 2015, children can get travel passports from birth. Those, who do not have documents, may either receive travel passport, or a child travel document," - Hunko said.

He noted that some countries, including the EU, may not accept travel documents, so those who want to receive not a travel passport for a child, but such as travel document, should specify in embassies whether their country accept such document.

"All countries accept passports, but as for travel document, it should be specified" - Hunko said.

He said that travel passports for children under 16 years are issued for a period of 4 years.

As you know, on April 1, 2015, the decision of the Cabinet, which included the option to write informaton about children in parents' travel passport will be invalidated.

Ukrainska Pravda

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments