Across two countries on two wheels! Transcarpathia can join the pilgrimage bicycle race
In order to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky and the 200th anniversary of Father Mykhailo Verbytsky, traveler club "Prykarpattya" (Stryi) is organizing an international cycle race "Sacred places - to God and the World".
During the bicycle race, they plan to visit 22 wooden churches - UNESCO World Heritage sites in the Carpathians in Ukraine and Poland. In addition, the participants will be able to talk to local clerics, representatives of community and government.
The project involves eight stages: two of them are promotional one that took place in April, another one lasted from 8-10 of May, and the next ones are 2 bicycle races this month and 3 more - the next month.
Bicycle pilgrimage will take place on several routes that run through, in particular, Transcarpathia:
• 15-17 of May, 2015 - Stryi - Khodoriv - Rohatyn - Galich - Ivano-Frankivsk - Hoshiv - Stryi;
• 22-24 of May, 2015 - Stryi - Syanky - Uzhok - Mt. Pikuy - Verkhne Husne - Matkiv - Lavochne - Stryi;
• May 31 - June 6, 2015 - Stryi - Drohobych - south of Poland - Krakow - Przemysl - Rudky - Stryi;
• 12-14 of June, 2015 - Stryi - Prylbychi - Mlyny - Horynets - Zdroj - Zhovkva - Krekhiv - Stradch - Univ - Rakovets - Stryi;
• June 21, 2015 - after Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky in Lviv.
Adults and children over 14 years old (with the written consent of the parents) can participate in the pilgrimage . Every traveler must have a passport (if necessary, a travel passport), individual equipment and a first aid kit, no contraindications, be prepared to overcome 30-40 km per day. Detailed conditions are on eco-tourist.lviv.ua.