A round table on palliative care will be held in Uzhgorod
On Monday, May 25, at 12.00, the press center of the Regional Health Center (Teatralna Square, 6), there will be a "round table" on the availability of pain treatment for palliative patients and development of palliative care in Uzhgorod and the region.
The participants of the round table:
1) Vasyl Skryp - the Head of the Health Care Department of Transcarpathian Regional State Administration
2) Andriy Rusin - the chief doctor of Transcarpathian Regional Clinical Oncology Center, chief freelance oncologist
3) Fr. Yaroslav Rusin - the director of "Caritas", Uzhgorod
4) Bishop Milan Shashik - the Eparchy of Mukachevo Greek Catholic diocese
5) Fr. Kosma Khollek - the abbot of the monastery of St. Anthony Padevsky of Mukachevo Greek Catholic diocese
6) Tetyana Kozak - the chief doctor of Uzhhorod city center of primary health care
7) Vasyl Reshetar - the Head of the City Health Care Department of Uzhgorod City Council
8) Vasyl Kruchanytsya - the chief doctor of the Transcarpathian Regional Narcological Dispensary
9) Olga Besaha, doctor-pharmacist, volunteer of the "Cordis" hospice, in the city of Katowice, Poland
Palliative care is a comprehensive approach, which aims to maximize the quality of life of patients with incurable (fatal) disease and their family members through the prevention and relief of suffering by early detection and accurate diagnosis (assessment) of problems and adequate therapeutic measures (for pain syndrome and other disorders of life), and providing psychosocial and moral support.
This approach includes providing adequate pain treatment for patients. Pain is considered as a complex physical, social, psychological and spiritual suffering. Accordingly, palliative care consists of medical, social, psychological and spiritual components.
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13