Maksim Shatskikh: "I am not going to end my football career"
Forward of Uzhgorod "Goverla" Maksim Shatskikh, who had just returned from vacation, told about the current situation at the club and his plans for the future.
- Maksim, the topic of financial affairs at "Goverla" remains the top news in recent days in Ukraine. What do you know about this? Are there any positive developments concerning the payment of arrears?
- I just came back to Ukraine. I am going to call the managers of the club to find out what the situation in the team is. As far as I know, Vyacheslav Grozny is not here yet, so we will have more specific information later. I think I will be able to tell you more in two or three days when I have detailed information about the current situation at the club. For now, I have only talked with some guys from the team, and all say that so far there has been no progress...
- By the way, "Goverla" did receive the license for the next season...
- Yes, I also read the news in several sources. There has been contradicting information: first, they did not receive the license, then they did. But everyone understands that this is just a formality. The important thing, in my opinion, is to fulfill the agreements that were reached. That's the point, in my opinion.
- Recently, Maksim Feshchuk said that the team went on vacation without knowing when the preparatory training would take place...
- I can only confirm this information. There is nothing else to add. We, as always, are on the phone and waiting to be informed where, when and how we are gathering. Most of the players in the team now are on-loan players. So, I think many of them will go back to their teams. It is difficult to say now who will go who will stay...
Again, I have not talked to anyone about it during the holidays, so I can not give you exact answer.
- Apparently, you still hope that the situation in the club will stabilize and everything will go back to normal?
- I always said that you have to hope for the best. I mean, if the club received the license, then somehow they managed to convince the leaders of the Federation that everything would be fine. Of course, there should be some order, but who knows when we will have it... As always, actually.
- You once said, if need be, you would appeal to the president of the Kyiv "Dynamo" Igor Surkis about your possible employment in the Kyiv club as a coach. Have you already had any preliminary conversation with the head of the champion of Ukraine?
- No, of course not. I want to keep playing. What does coaching have to do with it? Perhaps, some time in the future, then we can talk about it more. Now it is too early to talk about it. I am a football player and I want to keep playing, I am definitely not going to end my football career. I am not in a hurry to start coaching.
Volodymyr Bobyr, the newspaper "Ukrainsky football"