The "School of Local Democracy" will take place in Uzhgorod (Announcement)
On July 18, in Uzhgorod there will be a training seminar "School of Local Democracy", organized by the Ukrainian Independent Center for Political Research (project "Citizens in Action") in cooperation with the Carpathian Agency of Human Rights "Vested".
The School aims to study the legal mechanisms of public involvement in city management, decision-making at the local level, controlling local authorities.
During thw training at the School, the participants will learn about:
- The work of local government in Ukraine "in practice";
- How to be a deputy of local council "without deputy's badge" and to prepare draft decisions for consideration at meetings of the council;
- What are the opportunities and tools to control the local authorities;
- How to protect their interests before local authorities by holding public hearings;
- What is the draft decision of the local council and how to prepare it.
During the School, there will be a discussion with representatives of the Emergency Reform Package "The way of reform: what has changed in Ukraine over the last year?".
The speakers at the School will be leading experts of the Ukrainian Independent Center for Political Research, the Institute of Political Education and the Carpathian Agency of Human Rights "Vested".
For participation in the School of Local Democracy, you must fill in the registration questionnaire by July 15 (Wednesday) inclusive.
With any questions, contact the coordinator in Uzhgorod Mykola Yatskov: 095-832-32-47, [email protected]