Decentralization, experience of the best foreign practices (Announcement)
The Office for Reforms in Transcarpathian region invites the media to cover the Information Seminar "Overcoming stereotypes about decentralization based on the best international practices and Ukrainian legislative initiatives on July 9, 2015" to be held on July 9.
Organizers: the NGO Ukrainian Institute of International Policy with the participation of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine.
The topics for discussion are:
- Decentralization, federalization, local democracy: the timing and model
- Best foreign practice of decentralization. Advantages, disadvantages and characteristics. The example of Poland.
- General logic and features of the reforms for the decentralization of power in Ukraine.
- International experience in regional development (online communication)
- New architecture of local finance: financial support for new powers of local governments; redistribution of local taxes and other sources of funding to exercise powers of local authorities.
The event starts at 10.00.
The venue: small room of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration