Shiny fish have appeared in Uzhgorod
Today, February 7, the 13th mini monument was opened in Uzhgorod. This time, the mini-sculpture is dedicated to the small Uzh.
According to the author of the sculpture, Mykhailo Kolodko, in the XVII century, the Maly Uzh river was an extremely important artery for Uzhgorod and its inhabitants. It fell into the "big" Uzh in the area of the modern Bozdosh park and along with the Velyky Uzh formed an island, where the Castle Hill was situated. The river actuated the mill, using which bread was baked for the population. There were only ten streets in the city, the main place was naturally the market square, which was located approximately where Koryatovich square is now. The thing is that in the XVI century, the city received the right to hold markets that became the impetus for its rapid development. Uzhgorod became the center of trade in the region, and therefore the interest to the city was constantly growing.
"In 1930, the regulation of the Uzh channel began, in the course of these avtivities, the Maly Uzh was dried up, and over a kilometer of steel pipes was laid, because small streams were flowing to the Maly Uzh from nearby hills. This time the sculpture is made of stainless steel to make fish sparkle in the sun" - the author of the mini-sculpture said to the Zakarpatsky Korespondent.
The location is Fedynets street, 12 (near the lantern that in front of the Mustard Seed).
20 May 2018 21:09
8 May 2018 13:46