In Khust district, a house was burning

11 February 2015 09:47  2591340 092315
In Khust district, a house was burning

At 21:56, on February 9, the operational and rescue service of Khust district received the information about a fire in house of a 73-year-old resident of the village of Horinchevo.

Fighters of the 10th State Fire and Rescue Unit were engaged to eliminate the fire. Due to impossibility of approaching the site of the fire, rescuers had to tame the fire using available tools: buckets of water, shovels and snow. The local population helped them. Together, they localized the fire at 22:30, and completely eliminated it at 23:20.

According to preliminary data, the fire could have been be the result of violation of stove heating rules. The owner of the house kindled the stove, and through a cracked chimney a spark could have spread on the ceiling. Then, the fire quickly spread over the wooden house.

The damaged caused by the fire are being established, as the flames destroyed 30 square meters of the roof and ceiling of the building and some household goods.

Office of the State Emergencies Service of Ukraine in Transcarpathian region

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments