This year, the celebration of St. Nicholas Day in Transcarpathia will be loud
Traditionally, in December Transcarpathia invites to the celebration of St. Nicholas Day, which will entertain residents and visitors to the region with the support of students of four UzhNU faculties and schoolchildren from Uzhgorod, Mukachevo and Perechyn.
St. Nicholas Day 2015 will take place in several stages:
- Mikolajczyk parade in Perechyn 10.00-11.00
- solemn sending of letters to Lapland
- Mikolajczyk parade in Uzhgorod 12.00-14.00
- Mikolajczyk parade in Mukachevo 16.00-17.00
- Awarding of the prize "Book on St. Nicholas Day" (Kobzar - 18.00)
- traditional night race "Night Run - Mikolajczyk" 18.30 Teatralna Sq,, Uzhgorod
- sports festival St. Nicholas Cup, SC "Ippon", 11.30
- Mikolajczyk parade on the Iceland rink, 13.00-14.00
Join the St. Nicholas Day celebration in your home cities! Do not forget the hats and cheerful holiday mood!
- Every year, St. Nicholas Day starts around 10 am, when on the streets of the ancient Uzhgorod little mikolajczyks hand out candy to all passers-by, clang bells and sing Christmas and New Year songs, and then they all gather on Teatralna Square, where the main Chirstmas tree of the city and Transcarpathia is situated.
- The event on St. Nicholas Day has been held in Uzhgorod for 17 years in a row (the first was organized in 1998 by teachers and 60 students of the school №2).
- In 1999, 200 students of the schools №2, 4, 19, 20 took part in the event. In 2000, 890 students from 15 schools of the city participated in the event. In 2008, students of the Geography Department of UzhNU and all schools of the city joined the event.