Mukachevo: during a fire, rescuers evacuated 12 people from a building
On the night of August 24, a fire occurred in the city of Mukachevo, on Franko Street. The hearth of the fire was a flat on the ground floor of a five-storey residential building. The fire was noticed by neighbors who at 1:32 reported the incident to the rescue service "101". According to them, no one was living in the apartment, so it was occupied by homeless people.
Officers of the 18th and 19th State Fire and Rescue Units were sent to eliminate the fire. As the fire led to heavy smoke, firefighters evacuated from the building 12 people. Already at 2:08, the fire was localized, and at 2:13 - completely eliminated.
The cause of the fire is to be established by the police. The damages are also being set as the flames destroyed the sofa, that was in the apartment, as well as 2 sq. m. of garbage. In addition, walls and ceiling of the appartment got sooty.