Because of surges, Uzhgorod residents' appliances burnt down

1 April 2015 10:26  8495671 096669
Because of surges, Uzhgorod residents' appliances burnt down

The villagers will demand compensation from the "Zakarpattyaoblenergo."

The incident occurred late at night in the village of Khudlyovo in Uzhgorod district. On three streets, there was a surge in voltage - over 300 volts, then the power supply discontinued. Surges lasted for almost 3 hours - from 21.00 to 23.00. Residents of the village repeatedly phoned the dispatcher, after many attempts they were able to contact the experts. Representatives of Uzhgorod energy company only advised to disconnect electrical appliances.

As a result, about 100 households were affected. Many appliances were damaged: refrigerators, freezers, TV sets (in two houses, TVs just exploded, fortunately, people at that time were not there), tuners, washing machines, computers, electrical heaters. Light bulbs were exploding like fireworks, people say.

By law and in accordance with the concluded agreements, the electricity supplier must provide quality services. If damage occurred because of voltage drop, the responsible party must recover the damages.  Residents of the village have filed complaints - both individual and collective - to the supply company, that is "Zakarpattyaoblenergo" and to Uzhgorod power company. Currently, they are waiting for a response from these institutions, and if the issue is not resolved amicably, they are willing to defend their case in court.


Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments