In Transcarpathia, a 7-year-old boy was poisoned with moonshine

6 January 2014 14:43  6556178 056961
In Transcarpathia, a 7-year-old boy was poisoned with moonshine

Doctors of the regional children's hospital reported to Mukachevo City Police Department that in the ICU, a boy born in 2006 had died of surrogate alcohol poisoning. The investigative team was immediately sent at the scene.

As law enforcement officers found out, on December 25, around 08.00, a young child with a diagnosis of toxic nephropathy, hepatopathy encephalopathy caused by alcohol surrogate poisoning was brought to Vynogradiv Children's Hospital.

According to the parents, who were at home at the time, the boy woke up, went to the fridge to get some water. The child drank about 100-150 grams of "moonshine" from a mineral water bottle and went back to bed.  

After a while, when the father came over to his son to see why he would not wake up, he smelled alcohol and immediately sought the help of doctors.

For five days, the child was treated in Vynogradiv hospital. On December 30th, the boy in serious condition was taken to Mukachevo regional children's hospital. However, the 7-year-old boy could not be saved.

This incident was registered in the Unified register of pre-trial investigations. Investigators of the city police department appointed a forensic examination. The investigation continues, - said Natalia Mashiko, Mukachevo City Police Department reported.

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

No comments