The man who called fire brigade denies the fact of arson
Now, there is the official information about the fire from the Uzhgorod MIA Office.
"Today, about six o'clock in the morning, the dispatcher of the fire unit reported to Uzhgorod city police department that on Nezalezhnist embankment in Uzhgorod, a terrace had caught fire.
The management and the investigative team of the city police department immediately arrived at the scene. It turned out that this facility belongs to an Uzhgorod resident born in 1968, a private entrepreneur. The woman refused to file a complaint.
According to the security guard of the facility, he saw sparks near the fridge with drinks. The sparks set curtains on fire. The man came closer, pulled the power cord out of the socket and tore the curtains down. However, it did not help. Realizing that he could not extinguish the fire on his own, he called firefighters. At that time, he did not see any suspocious people on the street...
This incident will be registered in the Unified register of pre-trial investigations. A fire-technical expertise is planned, based on the findings of which, the decision will be adopted," - the statement says.