Public association calls Transcarpathians to counter vote buying, to come to the polls and to vote honestly (APPEAL)
The appeal of the public association to voters and all the candidates in Transcarpathia was published by activists. The appeal reads:
On the eve of the early parliamentary election on October 26, 2014, our social unity, which should not allow to once again negate and undermine the achivements of the Revolution of Dignity, is needed more than ever. Still, the current Ukrainian authorities have done very little to implement or at least to ensure the implementation of the main tasks of the Revolution of Dignity: a radical change in the system and a complete reboot of the power in the country; protection of the independence, integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine against attacks of anti-Ukrainian forces - separatists, terrorists and the fifth column inside the country, as well as our aggressive neighbor - Russia; overcoming of the main internal enemy - total corruption, including political, parliamentary and government; ensuring real systemic reforms in Ukraine.
To ensure the irreversibility and strengthening of the nation-building process in Ukraine initiated the Revolution of Dignity, and the implementation of at least some of its main tasks - complete reboot of the power in the country - we appeal to all voters, polling station members and observers, representatives of the public and progressive political parties and governments at all levels, local governments and law enforcement agencies in Transcarpathia calling to the following decisive actions:
1. Come to the polls and convince your relatives, acquaintances, friends, co-workers and neighbors of the need to vote. Ensure the maximum possible participation of Transcarpathians in the election on October 26th, 2014, thus significantly reducing the impact of frauds and corrupted voting.
2. Within final days before the election, strengthen your civic and professional vigilance over facts of vote buying and the use of administrative resources. Film and record each fact with witnesses and report them in writing to the police, activists of the Civil Movement "CHESNO" and the Public Network "OPORA", especially on the election day.
3. Ensure the widest possible dissemination of information among the participants in the electoral process about the change of the liability for vote buying and other gross violations of election law from administrative to criminal.
4. Create on the day before the election and on the election day the atmosphere of the popular desire for a genuine European democracy and freedom of expression, intolerance to any violations in the process of voting and counting of votes. To do this, intensify the activities of observers and media, provide increased control of the public and law enforcement agencies over the normal operation of polling stations and voting process in general.
Democracy, national interests, security of the state and citizens, tasks of the Revolution of Dignity are still under great threat! Therefore, we must act.
On all issues of democratic, free and undistorted expression of will and response to its violation, you will find support and assistance in activists and members of civil society organizations and coalitions - the signatories of this appeal.
- The coalition of over 50 NGOs of Transcarpathia "For reform and European integration of Ukraine"
E-mail: [email protected]; tel. / fax: + 38-031-2-61-60-71
- UzhNU Expert Club
E-mail: [email protected]; mob. + 38-050-611-33-15
- The Public Center of Transcarpathia
(Hotline of the Public Network "OPORA" + 38-044-221-44-06 and + 38-066-317-36-13)
- Association "Uzhgorod convention"
E-mail: [email protected]
- Public councils in districts and cities Transcarpathia
- Individual associations in cities, towns and villages of Transcarpathia
Дмитро Тужанський: угорській громаді Закарпаття потрібні гарантії їхніх прав та увага української влади як до повноцінних громадян
8 December 2017 21:13