Partners are interested in the Masaryk's school in Uzhgorod
Today, the delegation of Czech Vysocina region headed by the Hetman Jiri Byehounek visited the school №3 in Uzhgorod, where this year, the overhaul of the roof was performed and the facade was updated. The works were funded from the regional, municipal budgets and with the financial support of the Czech Vysocina. It is one of 14 investment projects that Transcarpathia implements this year jointly with the Czech Vysocina region, the press service of the regional council informs.
This year, they repaired the roof and the main facade there. Also the inscription on the school - Jubilejní škola Masarykova - was restored.
Overall, during the first Czechoslovak Republic, 100 such schools were built and the Uzhgorod school became the 100th. The school was built in 1932 at the expense of the Czechoslovak government as a public school where children of both Uzhgorod residents and Czech officials were studying. From 1935 to 1938 it was a gymnasium named after TG Masaryk, which was popularly called "the Masaryk's school." Students of the school learn Russian, English and several other languages. Since the last year, they aslo have been studying Czech here. The class for studying Czech language was opened here as part of the joint project of Transcarpathia and Vysocina regions. They have purchased multimedia equipment for the class and more.