In Synevyrska Polyana, the foundation of a temple was consecrated
The Orthodox Church of the Holy Virgin in the village of Synevyrska Polyana was built as long ago as 1817. Then the village population was less, therefore the church was designed for 400. However, over time the number of parishioners ha increased and today the church cannot accommodate everyone willing to listen to sermon. An urgent need to build a new larger church has emerged, so the parishioners began to raise funds to build a church. They turned for to help in the construction of the temple to the Director of the National Park "Synevyr" Mykola Derbak. The management of the park has provided wood and equipment to assist in laying the foundation. Therefore, the first phase of work was completed successfully: the foundation for the church was filled and consecrated.
On Sunday, October 12, the Metropolitan of Khust and Vynogradiv Mark visited the village of Synevyrska Polyana and consecrated the foundation of the church. In gratitude for the diligent labors "in honor of the Holy Orthodox Church," the Metropolitan gave the director of the "Synevyr" Park Mykola Derbak a diploma and a commemorative medal to the 100th anniversary of the Maramures-Sighet trial.