A training on coverage of the parliamentary elections-2014 will take place in Uzhgorod (announcement)
The Independent Media Trade Union of Ukraine invites journalists of Transcarpathian region to a one-day training "Journalist work during the coverage of the early election to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on October 26, 2014."
The training will take place on October 10 (Friday), 2014, in Uzhgorod.
The time of training - from 9.30 to 16.00.
Participants will be provided with meals, handout materials. Journalists from outside Uzhgorod will be reimbursed cost of travel to Uzhgorod. The number of the training participants is up to 20 people.
During the training, media workers will gain knowledge on the following topics:
- On the electoral process and the role of media in it
- On professional and ethical standards and the rights of journalists during the coverage of elections
- On peculiarities of campaigning materials placement, "plugola", responsibility of journalists
- On peculiarities of work on the election day at the polling stations and electoral commissions
- On pecularities of the consideration of lawsuit in the electoral process
- On protection of the rights of journalists during the election
The training is conducted under the U-Media Program implemented by the Internews Network with the support of the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Phones for communication with the coordinator in Uzhgorod: