Uzhgorod assembly demands to withdraw the military from the Crimea and to dismiss Turchynov
Yesterday, March 23, at the Popular Assembly in Uzhgorod on Teatralna Sq., they adopted and read the resolution.
"Driven by the demands of the Maidan, due to the top officials' inability to normalize the situation in the Crimea, in southern and eastern Ukraine
1. The immediate withdrawal of soldiers and their families from the Crimea to the mainland and destruction of efficient military equipment (to prevent its capture by Russian occupiers).
2. The resignation of the Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada, the Acting President, the Commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Turchynov.
3. To elect as the Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada (Acting President) a firm and principled person, able to quickly normalize the situation in the Crimea and in the South East of the country.
4. To ban the Communist Party of Ukraine.
5. To adopt the Law of Ukraine "On Lustration."
6. To appoint the early parliamentary elections.
7. To appoint early local elections at all levels.
We also recognize the right of the Crimean Tatar people for the national liberation struggle."
22 October 2016 22:44
18 October 2016 22:19