Attention: lawyers, committed to serving the community, wanted (Announcement)
Announcement of the contest for civil society organizations in the region that have at least two years experience in providing legal aid to participate in the working group to develop the concept of the city target program to provide free primary legal aid to the residents of Mukachevo.
The city target program to provide free legal aid is being developed under the project "Development of a sustainable system of primary legal aid to the residents of the city of Mukachevo," implemented by the "Development" Foundation with the support of UNDP in Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and the International "Renaissance" Foundation.
The main goal of the project is to ensure high quality protection of the constitutional rights and representation of legal interests of the poor and socially disadvantaged groups, including the Roma population whose financial condition does not allow them to receive paid legal assistance.
The implementation of the city program will be based on the principles of legality, legitimacy, accessibility and high quality of legal aid. It will promote fair and transparent participation and cooperation between civil society organizations and local authorities.
To participate in the contest, one has to send the following information:
- Full name and date of establishment of the organization
- Number of employees of the organization that provide free legal aid
- Annual report on the activities of the organization (in any form)
- Number of consultations provided and a list of most frequently asked questions on legal aid
- List of strategic cases the organization works on (if any)
- Name of the representative of the organization, who plans to participate in the working group
- Information on education and experience in provision of legal aid of the organization representative, who plans to participate in the working group
- Contact: E-mail and phone number.
This information should be sent by e-mail to the "Development" CF at [email protected] with the subject of the message - Competition to participate in the working group no later than Friday, 07.03.2014.
The selected candidates to participate in the working group will be announced on March 10, 2014.
For more information about participating in the working group to develop the concept of the city target program to provide free primary legal aid to the residents of Mukachevo, please contact by phone 099-249-64-60 or by email: [email protected]
Contact person - Natalia Kozyr, the project coordinator.
More information on the "Development" Foundation can be found here www.rozvitok.org