Waiting for warm weather and learning the rules
Despite the unexpected cold snap, Uzhgorod residents are waiting for summer and a chance to rest near water. In this regard, it will not hurt to remind the basic rules of conduct, distributed by the press service of the city council.
Swimming, boating and sailing on other vessels and the use of any means of entertainment in natural water bodies within the city of Uzhgorod is PROHIBITED.
People resting on the water need to remember:
- The most favorable weather for swimming is windless sunny weather with temperatures below + 24 0C for air and + 18 0C for water;
- The best time is morning or evening when the sun is warm, but there is no danger of overheating;
- It is not recommended to swim alone near shores that are steep and overgrown with dense vegetation;
- Before jumping into the water, make sure that the bottom is safe and the water is deep enough, diving is allowed only where there is a sufficient depth, clear water, smooth bottom;
- After long exposure to the sun, go in the water slowly, you may want to dip several times first. The dramatic change in temperature is very dangerous for human health, especially for people with heart disease;
- Swim in water for no more that 20 minutes.
- While swimming do not make unnecessary movements, do not keep your muscles in constant tension, do not break the rhythm of breathing, do not overstarin yourselves;
- If you have children with you, introduce them to the rules of conduct on the water and do not leave them unattended.
It is strictly forbidden to:
- Go into the water while being drunk;
- Swim beyond the defined area of the beach which is fenced with buoys;
- Swim up to moving boats and motor boats, jump into the water from boats, structures and objects which are not intended for this;
- Use car tubes, boards, broken boats for swimming;
- Allow rough games in the water with grabbing of arms and feet;
- Give false alarm signals;
- Litter the water and the shore;
- For those who can not swim, to go in the water more than waist-deep.
Please be advised on the location of nearest medical facilities:
- Regional Hospital on Peremoha st.;
- City Children's Hospital on Rakoczy st.
Ukrainians will set the clocks one hour forward for the last time and will be living by the winter time from then on
22 September 2016 18:58