Starting tomorrow, unregistered voters can vote only under court decision

18 May 2014 11:20  3369743 170584
Starting tomorrow, unregistered voters can vote only under court decision

It's less than 10 days to the day of presidential election - 2014,. Today, May 18 is the last day to make changes in the State Register of Voters, after that, it can be done only under court decision. Given this, Uzhgorod Press Club decided to see whether those, who will receive the right to vote after May 18, that is those, who will celebrate their 18th birthday during the period from May 18 to the election day (25 May), will be able to take part in the presidential election.

The situation was studied on a real example - Uzhgorod resident Halyna Tarkaniy will turn 18 on May 22. As a conscientious voter, she decided to check if she was in the list of voters in advance. And if not, to have herself registered. To do this, as you know, you should contact the office if the State Register of Voters or directly your voting station.  

In the city office, situated in the building of Uzhgorod City Council, Halya was informed that her name... had long been made in the list. So the system works!

As Oleksandr Volosyansky, the administrator of Uzhgorod City Council commented, one can be 99% sure that even those, who celebrate adulthood on May 25, the very election day, are in the lists. However, it is better, of course, to verify this.

Office of the State Register of Voters in Uzhgorod works at: Uzhgorod, Poshtova Sq., 3, room 238, from 9.00 to 22.00 on weekdays and from 10.00 to 17.00 on weekends and holidays, the "Information bulletin of Uzhgorod Press Club" reminds.

Post comment

Users posting offensive comments as to other participants of discussion will be banned by moderator without prior warning or explanation. The information related to these users may be provided to law enforcement authorities upon relevant request.Links and advertising messages are prohibited in the comments!

Comments (1)

анфіса  18/05/2014 9:14 pm

а нам опять прінеслі пріглашеніе на умершего более 20 лет назад, уже несколько раз мы обрашалісь в этот самый гос реестр і пока бесполезно.Подскажіте а что же делать?

Total 1 comments